Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Post your thoughts on playing weak A3\'s and strong A4\'s.

I dont know if this thread will gain any momentum, but I hope it does.

Assume you're playing in a six to nine handed middle limit game between 15-30 and 40-80. If your arguement or point is considerably different for a six handed game as opposed to a nine handed game, give your analysis based on it being a nine handed game.

Post your ideas on how to play weak A3's and strong A4's, and if your ideas differ from how you actually play the hands, make note of it and preferably explain both.

Example: "I muck a hand like A4JJs when UTG opens b/c I figure my A4 is a dog to his likely A2-A3 and my jacks are very unlikely to win the high end even if I get to showdown and it's headsup"

Hopefully more detailed than the above, but I thought that a discussion about weak A3's and strong A4's would be productive for all of us. I think there's a very fine line you walk when playing these types of hands and it's definitely worthy to develop a strategy to playing these hands.

Also, please define what your minimum definition is for "weak A3" and "strong A4", as this is paramount in explaining your thoughts on how to play them, and dont let a particular action change your definition, i.e., AA49 is just as strong for the sake of discussion if it's folded to you on the button as it would be if UTG opened and the CO 3-bet.

Someone get the ball rolling.

-Tex