Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 01:38 PM

Default [NL100] I 3bet and double barrel with 7 high

Villain is tight, pretty tight raising range but opens up on the button. He can fold good hands.

NL Holdem $1(BB) Cake Poker Game#1329011421000034

<font color="red">Hero ($138.65)
<font color="black">UTG ($100)
<font color="black">UTG+1 ($55.85)
<font color="black">UTG+2 ($59.65)
<font color="black">CO ($98.50)
<font color="black">BTN ($108)

<font color="red">Hero posts (SB) $0.50, <font color="black">UTG posts (BB) $1, <font color="black">, Dealt to iBetYouFold, 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], fold, <font color="black">fold, <font color="black">, CO raises to $3.50, <font color="black">fold, <font color="red">, Hero raises to $10.50, <font color="black">fold, <font color="black">call, , <font color="black"> FLOP ($22) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $14
<font color="black">CO calls $14
<font color="black">
TURN ($50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $30
Old 11-25-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: [NL100] I 3bet and double barrel with 7 high

lol imo this is really bad b/c most villains will never fold the turn if they call the turn.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol imo this is really bad b/c most villains will never fold the turn if they call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
One thing I forgot to mention: Villain thought a while before calling the flop bet, and seemed weak. He will fold AJ here about 30% of the time, weaker aces a lot more.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:50 PM

Yo, c/f turn against a sane villain. I just don't think he folds often enough and the 2nd ace is a pretty bad card for you.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:56 PM

Seriousely. What villain folds AJ there when the second Ace hits.
Most villains don't fold pairs between 88 and AA either bacause the second Ace hit.

Sounds like you planned to second barrel no matter what which is a bad idea. This is a bad card for you, c/f it. No need to win every pot.

Given that he called your 3bet 99-QQ are def a huge part of his range and I don't see him folding them here. Guess it works sometimes vs the right villains but my general advice would be to not do it unless you have a very clear read.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriousely. What villain folds AJ there when the second Ace hits.
Most villains don't fold pairs between 88 and AA either bacause the second Ace hit.

Sounds like you planned to second barrel no matter what which is a bad idea. This is a bad card for you, c/f it. No need to win every pot.

Given that he called your 3bet 99-QQ are def a huge part of his range and I don't see him folding them here. Guess it works sometimes vs the right villains but my general advice would be to not do it unless you have a very clear read.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was planning on c/f'ing. The A is why I bet - this villain reads hands in a very pessimistic manner. It makes it a lot less likely he has an A, and he can't call without one, and I could easily have one.