Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Obvious Collusion at the Canterbury Club (Long -Cliff Notes at bot

Well this is off the original topic, but if it is moving to general collusion...I thought maybe I ran into some last year at the 6/12 Omaha HiLo game at the Bicycle in LA, and when I happened to run into someone in Vegas who had played there before, she mentioned it (if I remember correctly she brought it up before I did). Tons of raising with two pair hands and such - got kind of frustrating when I saw then show down on the river a hand that I could have beat on the flop...
Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I view it this way, there might be a silver lining for BB. This situation may help him to be introspective about his understanding of the game, and may actually help him improve as a player. As a moderator at 2+2 my number one function is to encourage communication (which in-turn brings traffic), my number two function is to encourage education. Sometimes it takes a jaring event to realize we still need to educate ourselves, that there is so much more to learn and understand about a game than we tend to think. Poker players generally have egos, we hate to place the blame on ourselves; instead we look for extenuating reasons like just running bad. In this case it seems as if the extenuating reason was collusion in BB's POV, over time I hope he instead looks inward to find the truth within himself. Its not something we can collectively do for him, but when he is ready he can help himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have learned more from posts where I was mistaken. While everyone is engaged in telling how stupid I am, they give out some really valuable information.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Obvious Collusion at *edited* (Long -Cliff Notes at bottom)

Old 05-31-2007, 11:07 PM

So clearly Bob is the creepy looking guy, but I have a hard time deciding which dog is which person. The one that looks like a Saint Bernard is BK because from pictures they posted a long time ago he is a ginger kid and Beethoven there is kinda red. The white one is Vehn because iirc he is some scrawny white guy. That makes Schneids the brown one with the stylin' hat and the cigar?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is huge problem if someone who has access to an internet message board gets on makes a long laborious post accusing people who make their living gambling of cheating. Honestly, its close to being a legal problem. Its one thing if the guy making the accusations is a well known respected/player poster who knows the nuances of a tough game. Its another thing entirely when it is an out of town shot-taker who is out of his element and way over his head in a game he got owned in.

[/ QUOTE ]

And at what point do you just write him off as a know nothing blowhard? What's really left to be said to him? I mean, in 250+ responses, he's still standing firm on his view. Seems kinda pointless to keep hitting the head on the brick wall.

b
Old 06-01-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is huge problem if someone who has access to an internet message board gets on makes a long laborious post accusing people who make their living gambling of cheating. Honestly, its close to being a legal problem. Its one thing if the guy making the accusations is a well known respected/player poster who knows the nuances of a tough game. Its another thing entirely when it is an out of town shot-taker who is out of his element and way over his head in a game he got owned in.

[/ QUOTE ]

And at what point do you just write him off as a know nothing blowhard? What's really left to be said to him? I mean, in 250+ responses, he's still standing firm on his view. Seems kinda pointless to keep hitting the head on the brick wall.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it probably is pointless to continue arguing with a brick wall.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:40 AM

"I'm welcome to meet up with anyone and have some level headed poker talk with them. You can verify I'm not a moron."

Your strat posts speak for themselves; you are not qualified to judge what is or is not collusion.

-Michael
Old 06-01-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Obvious Collusion at the Canterbury Club (Long -Cliff Notes at bottom)

"math professor at Layola."

LOL, that guy is a pretty bad stud player. Sadly, he might actually be a winner in some of the games I've played with him, but there is no question that he does not understand the game.

And when I said he could be a winner, I meant a small winner. A small winner who running good could look like a big winner, especially to someone who obviously does not understand the short-term luck in poker or that short-term luck can refer to one year.

-Michael
Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 AM

im glad this guy didnt play with blake and chad
Old 06-01-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is huge problem if someone who has access to an internet message board gets on makes a long laborious post accusing people who make their living gambling of cheating. Honestly, its close to being a legal problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually not far wrong, insofar as questioning someone's professional qualifications in a reckless or knowingly false fashion is per se defamatory (e.g. "he doesn't even have a medical license!"). Of course good luck getting a judge to buy that PB's "professional qualifications" were impugned here...

[/ QUOTE ]

You an attorney Seth? I am a 3rd yr law student. I was thinking along the same lines, but really only using the defamation analogy to illustrate the seriousness of the accusations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yessir. You go to the U or Billy Mitchell? (U, class of '05 myself...)