Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Party & Empire clients eating lots of CPU

Is anybody else getting the Party clients eating a ton of CPU time recently? After about an hour it becomes almost impossible to play 12 tables with Party using almost a whole core to itself... Everything starts lagging badly, then if you keep on playing it just all [censored] up and the client exits...

I used to be able to 10-12 table for 4+ hours constantly without a restart before, but now it's just total bs and I have to keep playing SNGs in sets just so I can restart the [censored] client! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It seemed to start doing this before the last update, so I don't think it's related to the "pointless commas" update we just had.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Party & Empire clients eating lots of CPU

back in the day this was a huge problem still but party never did anything about it. enjoy!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
back in the day this was a huge problem still but party never did anything about it. enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]
It was fine up until about 2 weeks ago (I've not had problems like this since the beta).

Old 03-29-2007, 12:15 AM

I've had this problem since around the time of the skins split and because of it I no longer play on party. I was never able to find any way of fixing it, altho it may be a different issue for me as it's not only just started recently.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anybody else getting the Party clients eating a ton of CPU time recently? After about an hour it becomes almost impossible to play 12 tables with Party using almost a whole core to itself... Everything starts lagging badly, then if you keep on playing it just all [censored] up and the client exits...

I used to be able to 10-12 table for 4+ hours constantly without a restart before, but now it's just total bs and I have to keep playing SNGs in sets just so I can restart the [censored] client! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It seemed to start doing this before the last update, so I don't think it's related to the "pointless commas" update we just had.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am getting huge cpu demands from party as well.

the added bonus is that party tables are disconnecting (usually all of them) at random intervals---sometimes every 5 minutes and sometimes once every 30 minutes. it seems to get worse the more tables i play.

i have never had any major problems with party up until the last couple weeks.

grrr...
sean
Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am getting huge cpu demands from party as well.

the added bonus is that party tables are disconnecting (usually all of them) at random intervals---sometimes every 5 minutes and sometimes once every 30 minutes. it seems to get worse the more tables i play.

i have never had any major problems with party up until the last couple weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps it's a new bug they have introduced? They seem to silently fix these bugs (while support totally denies they exist), so lets hope the next update brings relief from the lag.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:12 AM

sometimes individual tables of mine will disconnect while the other tables are still running. i have had lag problems as well because of Party software being such a monster.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:13 PM

It is completly mindboggling to me that a company that generates the kind of income Party does, can't afford to create a stable client that doesn't eat all the CPU power of a modern computer. Insane.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is completly mindboggling to me that a company that generates the kind of income Party does, can't afford to create a stable client that doesn't eat all the CPU power of a modern computer. Insane.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree - I'd much rather have a lot of the bells and whistles removed and the GUI update less often than have 100% CPU usage.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:04 AM

yup. can't play more than 7 tables without my PC grinding to a halt.