Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Default PokerTracker errors importing HH\'s : do to many HH\'s crash Software??

Is there a limit to the amount of HH's u can try to importa at one time into pokertracker, I am trying to import 70k HH's (30days worth of data) and the software keeps on freezing up no matter how long i leave it for...i tryed to do this overnight and it was still frozen in morning. Is this typical, if not I can explain exactly what i am doing and perhaps the problem lies somewhere else.
Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker errors importing HH\'s : do to many HH\'s crash Softwar

I suggest searching the PokerTracker forums for this issue. Things like nVidia graphics card software can cause it to hang indefinitely.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker errors importing HH\'s : do to many HH\'s crash Softwar

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest searching the PokerTracker forums for this issue. Things like nVidia graphics card software can cause it to hang indefinitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was hoping someone here can help since I cant access pokertracker website since my job blocks it and I and am at work right now.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:41 PM

More info req'd: hhs from which site, age of hhs, PT version...

Have you tried importing a much smaller batch to see if that works>??
Old 03-12-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a limit to the amount of HH's u can try to importa at one time into pokertracker, I am trying to import 70k HH's (30days worth of data) and the software keeps on freezing up no matter how long i leave it for...i tryed to do this overnight and it was still frozen in morning. Is this typical, if not I can explain exactly what i am doing and perhaps the problem lies somewhere else.
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

not an expert but i have dealt with similar problems.

my solutions was to import it in smaller batches, the smaller the number of hh text files the better (especially if they have a large number of hands per files).

in my experience it will go much faster if you can break the hands/files up into 5,000 hand chunks (if you are working on your computer this is the fastest option by far).

due to its design, pokertracker seems to suffer from exponential slow down in many aspects---the larger/more hhf files imported the slower pt gets and the larger individual databases get the slower they generally respond.

if you are using access, for larger databases you will be much better served by converting to postgreSQL. go to the pt forums and there is a sticky with instructions to installing postgres and converting your databases.

good luck,
sean

ps. if you want to leave it overnight --set the pt auto-import timer then try importing approx 10,000 hands to start (place requisite amount of hhf files in hh folder and hit force import) then copy and past another 10,000-15,000 hands into the hh folder (which will be imported once the first batch finishes and the timer triggers the next import).

you can try more hands the next night if it is done by morning. rinse and repeat as necessary.