Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

Wow. I'm rooting for the Raps the whole way... I just didn't think anyone in America took them seriously. Lots of people got them over Cleveland to make ti to the ECF!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Golden State won't win that series in a million years. I watched Golden State struggle at times with Portland's JV squad last night in a game that meant everything to them.

I don't understand the delusion. ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it either. There really is a false sense of what really happened. The Clippers handed them the playoff spot (losing 7 of their last 10) while GS benefited from some nice timing. Just look at their games in April, I will run them off in reverse order:

Portland- 22 pt. win. The Blazers played like they had their car engines running in the parking lot last night. Did anyone watch the NOK/LAC game, the Hornets played till the last whistle, tough break clip show--though it didn't matter.

Dallas- 29 pt win. This was over at the tip-off. They faced D-leaguers and guys on the bench that have been setting season highs in minutes the last week and a half. Another win handed to them.

Minnesota- 13 pt win. This should be self-explanatory. Dallas, beat them w/ that D-league lineup by 18 so you understand how bad this team is, it is not out of the question that they have either packed it in for the lottery or just tanking it. This is actually one of their closer scores as of late.

Sacramento- 17 pt win. Sac boys are so up and down. They played one good quarter in this game and the rest was just flat out ugly. Sacramento didn't show up. They had just had a back to back with the spurs and a day off then GS whereas GS had had UTA at home and then 3 days off. Either way it wouldn't matter, Sac sucks.

Utah- 24 pt. win. Utah lost 5 of its next 6 games after wrapping up its division. This was one of those games. Another game where GS's opponent had less want to win than them. Another gift. Obviously judging by the score (and the other scores).

SA- 13 pt loss. A real game. SA is still playing for something, the second seed and they controlled every part of the game. This should make Avery's loins sweaty and warm b/c this is the game plan he will want to use.

Memphis- 12 pt. win. No need to talk about this. Memphis is terrible.

Houston- 11 pt. win. See, some of these wins look real good on paper but then when you look into it you see--McGrady 6 minutes 0 points etc. etc. Ahh an injured TMac changes everything. More that goes right for them.

That was their month of April. Do some of you think they are winning by an avg of 18 points a game b/c they are the best team in the league, I mean even the Suns didn't have stretches like that?

I will say that their small lineup, ability to get down the court, and their quickness will cause some problems for anyone. But do we all remember a few years ago when we all hated the Mavericks and picked them to win 60 games and get swept in the first round? Why was that? It was b/c Nellie's run up and down the court and play little D doesn't win postseason games.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Golden State won't win that series in a million years. I watched Golden State struggle at times with Portland's JV squad last night in a game that meant everything to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, he said it was a "homerism." I took that to mean he's a GS fan and was picking based on that.

-McGee
Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I'm rooting for the Raps the whole way... I just didn't think anyone in America took them seriously. Lots of people got them over Cleveland to make ti to the ECF!

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'experts' are still not believers.. Marc Stein of ESPN has the Nets in 6.. Go Raps.. I seriously can't wait for the playoffs to begin
Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
SAS in 5 over Suns

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF Clark. I mean, I can see the Spurs winning, but in five?

That lower bracket of the EC is probably the worst I've ever seen. What a flaming turd of mediocrity that is.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, he said it was a "homerism." I took that to mean he's a GS fan and was picking based on that.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, no I understand the homer pick quite well. I'm talking about people who have no stake in GS winning who are trying to make the argument GS is a better team in a short series. I get that it's trendy to pick an underdog but I think picking GS over Dallas and trying to make a logical argument to support that is crazy.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:56 PM

Predictions:

Don't care about the east. Would love to see Toronto make noise.

West:

SAS in 6
DAL in 4 (To shut up all the idiots who think the Warriors are going to win the series)
HOU in 5
PHX in 5

DAl over HOU in 7
SAS over PHX in 6
SAS over DAL in 7

San Antonio beats the hell out of the Eastern Conference.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 PM

For the record, I think the Jazz are going to get pummeled by the Rockets. The Jazz are limping (and that's kind) into the playoffs, every player is playing poor basketball other than Memo, Derek Fisher is the worst guard in the western conference playoffs and is bringing the team down, the attitude in Utah is pretty dismal, and in general I think the Rockets are a much more solid team.

I'm one of the biggest Nuggets fans in the world, and if we happened to take them to 7 games I'd pop the champagne.

We have been a very good team as of late. We're 8-0 in games that actually mean something over the past 3 weeks. Melo and AI are playing very well together. Linas Kleiza is burying the 3-ball, Nene is shooting 65% since March, Camby had 27 blocks in 3 games in April... things have been really good in the Denver front.

BUT: I think we're playing the best team in the NBA. The Spurs have the best record (or at least did as of this past weeked) in the NBA since the all-star break. They are the most scary, solid basketball team in the NBA right now. What weakness do they have? PG defence isn't 100% fantastic, so maybe AI will be effective, but overall they create so many matchup problems for us.

I think the Nugs will win one of the first two games again, but struggle as Popovich outcaoches Karl in the 4 following games. Pop adjusts so much better than Karl does.

There's the two series I feel strongest about.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Derek Fisher is the worst guard in the western conference playoffs

[/ QUOTE ]
Did Smush Parker get traded to the EC or waived overnight?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Derek Fisher is the worst guard in the western conference playoffs

[/ QUOTE ]
Did Smush Parker get traded to the EC or waived overnight?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, wtf? fisher is not bad.