View Poll Results: Your move?
Push 9 39.13%
Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]

One interesting note is eskimo's behavior towards me. He buddied up early, suggested that we have to follow my vote on day 2, and today he initially asked the mods if he could proxy his vote and follow whomever I chose. That's all pretty consistent so far, if a bit dim in trusting my judgement so completely. However, once the mods got back to him, he decided that his proxied vote would be aligned with Iron_Yuppie. WTF?! He was so thorough that morning and the day before making it known he was following me and then without explanation follows IY. I don't have more evidence for anyone else than that. ES = Grolim.

On to IY. Either he's an Angarak (~Grolim) and ES trusts his brother with his vote or he's a misguided villager and ES trusts that his proxied vote would go towards a misguided cause. So ES just outed his brother or suddenly decided that IY is a more trustworthy vote proxy than me. IY was on my suspect list early on but has made a couple posts that have made my doubt that. I'm on the IY is bad side of the fence though because I think it's more likely that ES and IY are working together, but not by too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that ES offering to proxy his vote to me seems somewhat weird, but if he and I were bad guys, I'd think he could proxy his vote privately with a PM to Jared/VR. If he is a good guy, and does not trust pistolero, he then would have to trust someone else; for the reasons I mentioned above, no good guy vote can go to waste. If a seer comes out while he is away, he can't vote for who the seer names. So his back is kind of up against the wall there.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:29 PM

When wolf/Grolim hunting, reason seems to fail me pretty often, so, in the words of kyrosmom, "I'm going to turn my thoughts upside down." I didn't suspect Nich yesterday, but this morning I woke up and just felt like he was a bad guy. Not that that means a ton, but there it is.

Also, I think traz is a good guy. His wolf game is a bit quieter and more careful.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 PM

ok, so wdc took it back

now i'm gonna re-read and re-consider things

but please at least don't vote for me; i told u he was lying and that i was a villager and he has admitting to the lying
Old 06-21-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mdoran is the only one I'm somewhat trusting now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Modorand, you are so obviously evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-21-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When wolf/Grolim hunting, reason seems to fail me pretty often, so, in the words of kyrosmom, "I'm going to turn my thoughts upside down." I didn't suspect Nich yesterday, but this morning I woke up and just felt like he was a bad guy. Not that that means a ton, but there it is.

Also, I think traz is a good guy. His wolf game is a bit quieter and more careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pistolero, are you gone at 7 PM again today? If so, one of the seers will need to come out before then, to let you place your vote.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 PM

For emphasis:

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think everyone understands how screwed the village is.

I am beginning to think that the seer has to come out with one or two bad guys. There is no realistic hope of us lynching a bad guy tonight. None.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much the same thing I said earlier today. I hope the seers are on board; we will never get a consensus on a bad guy otherwise.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One interesting note is eskimo's behavior towards me. He buddied up early, suggested that we have to follow my vote on day 2, and today he initially asked the mods if he could proxy his vote and follow whomever I chose. That's all pretty consistent so far, if a bit dim in trusting my judgement so completely. However, once the mods got back to him, he decided that his proxied vote would be aligned with Iron_Yuppie. WTF?! He was so thorough that morning and the day before making it known he was following me and then without explanation follows IY. I don't have more evidence for anyone else than that. ES = Grolim.

On to IY. Either he's an Angarak (~Grolim) and ES trusts his brother with his vote or he's a misguided villager and ES trusts that his proxied vote would go towards a misguided cause. So ES just outed his brother or suddenly decided that IY is a more trustworthy vote proxy than me. IY was on my suspect list early on but has made a couple posts that have made my doubt that. I'm on the IY is bad side of the fence though because I think it's more likely that ES and IY are working together, but not by too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that ES offering to proxy his vote to me seems somewhat weird, but if he and I were bad guys, I'd think he could proxy his vote privately with a PM to Jared/VR.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Voting in private is an mod-assigned privilege, not one you can choose to exercise whenever you happen to be "AFK".

[ QUOTE ]
If he is a good guy, and does not trust pistolero, he then would have to trust someone else; for the reasons I mentioned above, no good guy vote can go to waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's absolutely no evidence or reason that he suddenly stopped trusting me. It took minutes for him to change him mind away from me.

[ QUOTE ]
If a seer comes out while he is away, he can't vote for who the seer names. So his back is kind of up against the wall there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This point has some validity, but I'm not giving ES credit for it because it wasn't obvious when ES made his posts earlier today. Of course it's obvious now with wdc's sorcerer claim, but ES never mentioned anything like it and that's something I think anyone would bring up as a reason to vote through someone else. However, he didn't explain anything.

What's really fascinating is how you're sticking up for ES like this. Is he Nachak, Brill, or Zedar? Or is he just an ordinary Grolim? I'm starting to believe you know the answer to that.

Attack ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
Old 06-21-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Zurvan was trying to feel out whether I was faking by asking which bad guy Nich was. With that information they could be certain whether I was real or faking. I had very little chance of picking the right role for Nich and they knew it. That is a major reason I stopped my faking. I realized that I couldn't guess that correctly and the assassin wasn't going to kill me unless I could name Nich's specific role.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the very reason you stopped faking it. Alas, it does not make your case any stronger for being a good guy.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pistolero, are you gone at 7 PM again today? If so, one of the seers will need to come out before then, to let you place your vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, every Mon-Thu I have a class in the evening and will be AFK at or around 8pm EDT until after day ends.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:45 PM

i really don't think one of the seers should come out

we need BOTH of them to be looking for Errand tonite. The only ones who need to not be lynched are Garion and common villagers. Any common villagers they saw are not Errand so it's not deadly from their point if they are lynched.

WDC's ploy did 2 bad things to the village

a) it got people thinking he was the seer and i am evil and thus voting for me; some of these people may not come back before the deadline tonite and we need a 100% villager vote today

b) it may have caused a sorceror to come out which would have been bad for us; if he's villager and another sorceror came out to say I was X then wdc gets lynched for lying and we are now in 'must see errand' mode and one of our sorcerors has been compromised

if he's a sorceror, then it's even worse as the assassin coulda killed him (and prolly woulda if he isn't evil, which makes me believe he's evil) and then we'd have only 1 shot at errand instead of 2

if he's wolf, then his play makes the most sense, which is why i think he's a wolf and he got caught with his previous post re: sorceror please peek me and so is trying to backtrack now; also, no seer came out which was his purpose in the first place