Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Stars 100 game after 2am

Perhaps this is not a super interesting question/comment, but is the stars 100 game generally considerably harder to beat in the wee hours of the am? I tend to do reasonably well during the day/early evening, but get crushed after about 2:30am most nights.

comments?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Stars 100 game after 2am

I played right at 2am last night and saw one player cold call an UTG raise with Q9o and another call 2 cold in the BB with T2s in a 3-handed pot. Maybe those players were broke by 2:30.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played right at 2am last night and saw one player cold call an UTG raise with Q9o and another call 2 cold in the BB with T2s in a 3-handed pot. Maybe those players were broke by 2:30.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would cold call T2s in BB in a 3 handed pot getting 5 and a half to one sometimes.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would cold call T2s in BB in a 3 handed pot getting 5 and a half to one sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called two cold, meaning it had been raised and 3-bet. So he was getting 3.25:1 immediately with the risk of a 4-bet behind him. If you still want to make that call with T2s, please come play in my games.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He called two cold, meaning it had been raised and 3-bet. So he was getting 3.25:1 immediately with the risk of a 4-bet behind him. If you still want to make that call with T2s, please come play in my games.

[/ QUOTE ]

oopsies, misunderstood.
no i won't call that hehe
Old 01-16-2007, 01:02 PM

OP,

I don't know you or how you play but it may be possible that you are playing tired/not playing as well.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:38 PM

yep. After thinking it over a bit, I think the problem is me, not the game. Perhaps I will invest in some red bull next time.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oopsies, misunderstood.
no i won't call that hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

hey vegan. how you been? you said you'd call sometimes if it was only one more bet. what situations would you call in, and when would you fold? (i'd guess you'd be more inclined to call if the raiser's range is wide, and if at least one of the players is likely to pay you off well when you hit).

also, if you have more than two opponents, are you always calling? how low would you go in this situation, getting at least 7:1? 92s? 62s? how about offsuit hands- 53o? Curious cuz i think i dont defend my blind enough, especially multiway when the price is good. How big does the pot need to be before we can defend w/ any two?