Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 06:38 PM

Default What in god\'s name is this guy doing 75/150 weird action

4 handed game, still very good, it would be better if I wasn't running like a paraplegic. I would guess my image is pretty awful, I'm running like 5% W$SD. It's probably pretty noticeable, I'm the only person all night that can't drag a pot with more than 10 chips in it or avoid getting rivered every hand by someone making a straight or flush with my 2 pair card. The villain in this hand is not very good. He's not OH MY GOD FISHAMENTS horrible, but he's too loose, not aggressive enough with his good hands, goes too far with his losers, etc. I've seen him call and win on the river with KQ high and I have caught his bluff once on the river when he had KJ and I had AK. I think it's also possible that he's been bluff c/r me a couple of times on the turn or river, but I wasn't able to find out since I didn't have anything myself either time.

Fold to him in the sb he raises, I 3bet K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he caps.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, I'm perplexed, so I bet, thinking this is some sort of weird small pair play that thinks I'm not going to bet because this looks like a check/raise in the making. He check/raises, I call.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm guessing nobody wants to bet here, but let's attempt to do some hand reading, because I had no clue what was going on here. If you do want to bet, please explain.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: What in god\'s name is this guy doing 75/150 weird action

I don't care what he is doing. You have a gutterball in a pretty big pot and you get a free card that you need desperately. Just check and river the nuts.

He has probably noticed you putting too much pressure on him whenever he checks and decided he is fed up.

Who was it btw?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 PM

Jose, I think he's a doctor or something.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 PM

This is correct. This hand is pretty odd, but I don't know why you wouldn't take a free card on the turn.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jose, I think he's a doctor or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I know who you are talking about. I think he is a chiropractor but haven't played with him. I think you got his name right and from what I have seen and from your description of what was going on I really think you are dealing with classic (and unfortunately stereotypical) muchismo stuff here and he is trying very hard to teach you a lesson. He is the dude who makes everyone call him "doctor" right? Pretty standard nonsense. I won't elaborate much more here since it may offend a few.

Why would you want to bet anyway? He is never folding a better hand and may continue to go batshit with a hand you have a ton of outs against.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:53 PM

I don't want to bet at all, I want to figure out what he might have because next time I might actually have a hand, and I'm not sure if he's honestly just checking here hoping I'll check or if he's going for the double ropeadope check/raise.

I'm 99% sure that we're talking about the same guy.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:09 PM

If he plays short handed like i do, then you would be best to bet it out. I wouldn't attempt to usse much hand-reading against this kind of player, because he is apparently playing in a totally random style. I would just have to play in a completely random style as well, but I wouldn't give him credit for a hand, against a cr, I may think of 3 betting. If he has nothing, he probably isn't going to give you much more heat.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:24 PM

It's such a weird line that I think his range has to be pretty wide. Next time if you're in this spot I'd bet top pair and better, and just check and get to showdown with the rest.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:25 PM

Oh yeah and I check this flop.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah and I check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping that the flop bet would let me check the turn because I assumed turn was an autobet from him once I checked flop.