Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 08:44 PM

Default What\'s My Play?

My roomie told me of his intentions to have a Halloween party on Tuesday night a couple weeks ago. I was not happy with this, so we came to a compromise that he would start the party at 3PM on Tuesday so people were out by midnight.

He stayed at his girlfriends house from this past Thursday through the weekend. He didn't answer one phone call or multiple text messages asking about the party when one of my friends told me that my roomie told him he was having the party Monday night (tonight).

I got home from work a little after 7PM after leaving my house for work today at 5AM. I come home to find that in fact, there is a party at my house tonight.

It's almost 8PM now and not a soul is here yet, so this is bound to be a late party. Music is blasting and is bound to be blasting all night long. I have to be up for work tomorrow at 4:30AM and have major issues sleeping when there's noise. I'm working at a construction site so it's not like I'll be tired sitting in a cube tomorrow. We also don't have bedroom doors (our bedrooms are secluded so landlord never put any in but is very soon) so there's no way to muffle the noise. Add in also that my house is smoke free and I'm sure people will be smoking in my house tonight.

I am royally pissed right now, but I don't want to be the [censored] roommate that spoils all the fun. I need a way to get back at him for the hell that I'm going to be put through. Anything is fair game here as far as payback except destroying of property. Let's hear the suggestions.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: What\'s My Play?

Get a hotel room, make him pay for it, tell him you want the house cleaned by Wed.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Tonight: Grab a beer, enjoy the party

Tomorrow: Inform roommate you want him/her to move out
Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Crap yourself terribly and sit in the living room all night.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a hotel room, make him pay for it, tell him you want the house cleaned by Wed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This deals with the immediate problem of tonight, but your roommate is a [censored] for not returning your calls or respecting your situation, since you told him in advance the terms on which you would agree to a party. He needs to learn that this sort of screw-you behavior doesn't cut it. After the party's over, have a more serious talk, and tell him that either he respects the fact that you need your beauty sleep or he finds another place to live.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And, from hotel room call cops at 10pm, impersonate a neighbor, and complain about the noise and underage drinking and drug use.

eat his face
Old 10-30-2006, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Get a hotel room, make him pay for it, tell him you want the house cleaned by Wed.
2. Watch him laugh in your face.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And, from hotel room call cops at 10pm, impersonate a neighbor, and complain about the noise and underage drinking and drug use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about a midnight phone call, but mostly everyone who will be here work in a kid environment. Although I believe everyone will be of age (since they all are college grads), my roomie's girlfriend's brother might be here and he's underage. I don't want to maybe put peoples livelihood in jeopardy.

I've already came to the conclusion that there's nothing I can do about this party. I need ways to [censored] him back in the future that will make us even.

As for the hotel, I'm extremely lucky if I get any money towards bills so there's no way in hell I'd ever see the money for a hotel.