Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Valuetown Check

if you bet this its as a bluff (it wont work).
Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM

There are two cards on the flop that are higher than your pair. There are also draws but by the river it is doubtful that you will be called by a hand that you will beat more than 50% of the time when called.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:50 PM

well played until the river

i would check the river putting her on some sort of a 10
Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that it particularly matters for this hand but this is during the day on Tuesday, which means that most of the players in the game are old nits who are there for Aces (aces always win, a promotion where cracked aces that go to showdown get $75 from the house). Mostly to explain why there aren't a gazillion players in this hand.

Canterbury 6/12, full game

[/ QUOTE ]

The 8/16 almost always has 4 times as much action as the 6/12.

To the hand.

On the flop, she is getting 7-1 to call, so that pretty much leaves her hand undefined. Gutshot, one overcard, middle/bottom pair.

Now, a lot of those hands, you would like to fold, on the turn, and so I think that a turn bet, like you did is correct.

On the river, I think you beat a draw, and lose to almost everything else, unless she is clever enough to say put you on AK, and call down with a lower pair than yours. I think the river check is alright.

So, I probably would have played it just as you did.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river, I think you beat a draw, and lose to almost everything else, unless she is clever enough to say put you on AK, and call down with a lower pair than yours. I think the river check is alright.

So, I probably would have played it just as you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

IME, the 8/16 has four times as much action whether it's aces or not. I think 6/12 is THE aces game, where you see those old guys (Harold? until they get 9 players on the 4/8 Omaha interest list...). Why do I still play 6/12? Oh, that's right. I went broke because I suck and my short roll can't handle the 8/16 swings [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Anyhow, as an overall response to the responses of this post, I can see how the board texture makes it highly unlikely that I'm getting paid when good here. Thanks for all the responses and kindness.