Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Frequent situation river play: crying call or gangsta fold?

CO is LAGgy over few hands, but i have no particular read on his range or his tendency to bluff.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero ?????

Can he bet here with a worse hand or bluff?? and is the pot too big for me to fold?

*Is this a close enough decision (call or fold)??*
Old 10-06-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Frequent situation river play: crying call or gangsta fold?

I would have raised the flop here. You're hand is very vulnerable, and I want to fold out the CO and SB if at all possible. Plus, any cold-calls will let you know where the flush draw is. If anyone cold-calls flop, and goes nuts on the turn, then you can safely fold.

I'd call. 11.5:1, and CO could have a smaller pair in his hand or be taking a shot at BB (who seems to be on a whiffed AK/AQ) and you (who has shown no interest in the pot postflop).
Old 10-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Raise the flop and the hand plays much easier as you will then typically bet/fold turn and bet/fold river.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:06 PM

I think you have to raise the flop/turn to define/protect your hand. As played, fold river
Old 10-06-2007, 03:28 PM

I like a raise on the flop. As you played it, I don't see how you can do anything but a crying call on the river. If the BB was still in the hand, you would be able to fold. I expect you to lose the hand.