Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what should i do with the $$$$?
freeroll for BBV 153 49.20%
coinflip it with grimstarr 86 27.65%
send it back 8 2.57%
actually send him it on neteller 64 20.58%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers. *DELETED*

Anyone ever had an issue with transfers not going through correctly? I shipped FT$ to someone, the transaction shows in my "Past Transactions" window. This guy claims he got a "Pending" email from FT, but never received the money, and is not shipping my Stars $.

It's been over 24 hours, FWIW.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:27 PM

if its in your window then it shipped
Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 PM

In that case, looks like I was scammed by DonovanMD, from this thread. That is his screenname on FullTilt and possibly Stars.

If I get my money, I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Here's a screenie of my cashier window showing the transfer for anyone who cares: http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...rent=FT_ss.jpg
Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 PM

thats so shipped...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if its in your window then it shipped

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Backspin, I think you're incorrect. With FTP transfers:

#1: The money is deducted from your account, and shows up in your account history as having been deducted. At this time, both you and the transferee should get an email that says "transfer request received and *processing*".

During this *processing* time, the money will be gone from your account, but will not yet have showed up in his. It's in the FTP 'ether'.

#2: Then, usually 5 to 20 minutes later, you both will get an email saying "transfer *approved*". Then, and ONLY then, will the other person actually have the money in his account.

For the record, when I do trades, I act exactly as this Donovan guy is acting. I won't send from my end until the transfer has been officially *approved* and I see the money in my account. If the both of you haven't received the *approved* email, then I don't think u can claim to have been scammed yet.

If you're in doubt, ask to see a screenshot of HIS cashier, or simply email FTP asking about the status of your transfer. Your announcing here that you've been scammed seems premature.

*EDIT: also, sam, this DonovanMD guy has been registered here for 4 months and has a couple hundred posts. You've been here 2 weeks and have 3 posts. I'm not saying that means he can't have scammed u...but just some food for thought about why you might not want to throw out accusations without a little more evidence that you've been swindled; new posters don't get much sympathy, whether it's deserved or not. Hope it works out for u!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM

I did send you a PM didnt I sam?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:02 PM

I sent Sam a photo of my history, I'll add it here, and I also emailed FT about it, no money has shown up in my account. While it was on pending and I did receive an email from FT saying so I haven't heard anything from them yet in 24 hours.

I also contacted Mike because I felt Sam was trying to scam me at first when he vehemently said he had shipped when I hadn't received anything.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:05 PM

Yes you did PM me backspin, but I had already done the deal.

Teddy, I understand the "newboy" issue, that's why I posted the screenshot. He sent me a screen of his cashier, which showed no recent transactions. For what it's worth, I have not received an "APPROVED" email from FT. I have emailed FT to get an answer from them as to whether the money has actually hit his account. No answer yet.

EDIT: Also, I fully understand NOT shipping until the money is actually received. But 24 hours has me more than a little jittery.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Person to person transfers.

Successful trade with IBA85 for $100.

Edit/MH: If it was me looking for a reference, I would discount this one.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes you did PM me backspin, but I had already done the deal.

Teddy, I understand the "newboy" issue, that's why I posted the screenshot. He sent me a screen of his cashier, which showed no recent transactions. For what it's worth, I have not received an "APPROVED" email from FT. I have emailed FT to get an answer from them as to whether the money has actually hit his account. No answer yet.

EDIT: Also, I fully understand NOT shipping until the money is actually received. But 24 hours has me more than a little jittery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but why don't you wait for confirmation from FTP that the transferee HAS the money before posting about an alleged scam here? 24 hours is a long time to go thru, but FTP is being notoriously sketchy about transfers recently, so your 'fraud early alert' system is unnecessary. Wait for an email from them. Then proceed as necessary.
At this point, it looks like Donovan does NOT have the money. IMHO you should edit your previous post to retract the statement that he has scammed you, and re-evaluate in 36 hours.