Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Brag: My buddy killed a guy who tried to rob his party

lol
Old 07-13-2007, 08:30 PM

God damn, I would not want to get on that guys bad side.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would much rather keep $1000 on me and pay them that to leave if that meant I wouldn't have to shoot someone in the head. Maybe more, like $5k.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, This is a defeatist attitude. Do you really think the police are going to protect you? What happens when they come back? Sometimes you just have to fight fire with fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is that I'd give up a lot of money for not having to kill someone.

To all that think this is "balla" and cool and whatever, you have some sick thoughts if you can think of killing a person in terms like that.

Anyway, I don't have to worry about being in a situation like that because I don't own a gun, and most likely never will. I've never seen a gun in someone's home, and I don't know of any friends who own one. I like it that way.

What do I do when I get robbed (happened twice so far)? Either I give them whatever money I have on me or I run. No, I didn't wish I had a gun on me so I could kill them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a criminal's best friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? So more crime should be happening to me? I mean, they should be all over me like flies on a turd, right?

Pretty strange, because both times that I was robbed, I was on holiday in southern europe. Apart from that, I've never been victim of a crime. Yesterday, I fell asleep with my backdoor wide open and I also left my $2000 laptop in my unlocked car that's parked in the driveway.

If you guys wanna sleep with shotguns under your pillow and dreams of killing people, be my guest. I prefer it my way.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. More crime is happening to everyone. As the pansy ratio goes up, so does the crime rate. You see, crime becomes decidedly less + EV if there is a substantial chance of getting your head blown off.

If every robber knew that in every house he would encounter a guy "with a shotgun under pillow *" there would be no more home invasions.

* I use your phrase. A shotgun won't fit under your pillow. You should really use a handgun.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just can't believe people are willing to take the risk of your friend getting murdered, all your friends getting robbed, and who knows what else all for the sake of this guy's life who, oh yeah, came into your house as an unknown with a gun and proceeded to take someone hostage and try to rob you. This is absurd. What would it take for some of you to fight back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or does it seem far more likely for the hostage to get shot if you pull a gun and threaten the robber?

The dude just wants your money.. unless you have like your whole roll in your wallet, it seems much better to just cooperate.

If i was the guy on the ground with the gun pointed at him in a routine robbery, i sure as hell wouldnt want my friend drawing a gun on the robber.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or does it seem far more likely for the hostage to get shot if you pull a gun and threaten the robber?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is where you would actually have to be there to know. If it was from across the room or something yeah, but if the guy came up from right behind him and had the whole thing over with in 2 seconds (what it sounded like to me), I don't think so. That said, impossible to know.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just can't believe people are willing to take the risk of your friend getting murdered, all your friends getting robbed, and who knows what else all for the sake of this guy's life who, oh yeah, came into your house as an unknown with a gun and proceeded to take someone hostage and try to rob you. This is absurd. What would it take for some of you to fight back?

[/ QUOTE ]

The dude just wants your money.. unless you have like your whole roll in your wallet, it seems much better to just cooperate.

If i was the guy on the ground with the gun pointed at him in a routine robbery, i sure as hell wouldnt want my friend drawing a gun on the robber.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never know what he wants until he takes it.

Lots of home invasion robberies wind up including rape, and some include things far sicker than that, and murder. And any time guns are in place, you can't say things won't escalate. Escalating is what guns do.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dude WTF are you doing???? Why would you put this up. You never know how the things you say could impact this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough; but the cops already told him he was pretty much in the clear so I really don't see the big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in my other post, there is nothing preventing relatives from bringing a wrongful death suit against him and he does not have the same kind of protection in that as he does from criminal proceedings.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lots of home invasion robberies wind up including rape, and some include things far sicker than that, and murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Right out of yesterday's headlines:

[ QUOTE ]
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - A 25-year-old man was executed by lethal injection Wednesday for the torture and slaying of a teenager who was forced to drink hydrochloric acid in a robbery. It was the state's first execution in 60 years.

S.D. holds first execution in decades

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2007, 10:56 PM

your friend is a sick human you guys should just bend over and spread like the europeans do and give those thugs what they want. Now that you killed one of the thugs there is now one less future astronaut.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 PM

kudos to your friend for maintaining his composure and saving a life. i can only hope that if someone broke into my home and threatened my friend, i would be able to do the same.