Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

N,

If they're reasonably smart, they'll have a major public announcement of a 5-year Costa Rican jail sentence for a few involved. Of course these sentences will be suspended a week or two later.

AP: Ship me $100k and I'll give you all the advice you need to damage control super-effectively.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the feeling that anyone is going to jail, just that they're being removed from their positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

The positions Absolute spent the better part of a week insisting these guy were already no longer in? Do you have any indication of what kind of transparency is going to be put in place to ensure this happens?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:26 PM

Nat- I know you've done a world of work on this. Since we are unlikely to actually get something approaching full disclosure, and someone has come forward to clear the Oscar account, any chance they would look at other accounts that have won recently?

It would quell the speculation for the most part and at this point I assume costs your source almost nothing.

Implicating people is one thing (swongish), but finding out the larger picture of when the cheating started and ended may be one thing Absolute can actually do that doesn't further damage them at this point.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife is extremely upset at AP over this. I haven't been away from the computer the whole time! Well, actually she is more upset with me....

[/ QUOTE ]
...Ladies and gentlemen, Henny Youngman!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the feeling that anyone is going to jail, just that they're being removed from their positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is not Absolute's decision as to whether they can be charged somewhere somehow with a crime. Hopefully jail time becomes an option.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is not Absolute's decision as to whether they can be charged somewhere somehow with a crime. Hopefully jail time becomes an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

no but morally reporting them to the authorities and handing over their evidence would seem the right thing to do since they are putting the entire company at risk of failure. And they are theives
Old 10-20-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My wife is extremely upset at AP over this. I haven't been away from the computer the whole time! Well, actually she is more upset with me....

[/ QUOTE ]
...Ladies and gentlemen, Henny Youngman!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank You, I'll be here until Tuesday night!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 PM

It's funny that just 2 or 3 days ago AP was threatening to sue members of the 2p2 community for defaming their character.

LOL....Oh how far we've come in this little journey.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of posts on this theme.
Can you express what you believe the difference is between Absolute Poker and the people who are being removed from teh internets, as I think there's some misunderstanding here.

<font color="white"> Lori </font>
Old 10-20-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no but morally reporting them to the authorities and handing over their evidence would seem the right thing to do since they are putting the entire company at risk of failure. And they are theives

[/ QUOTE ]

And it wouldn't hurt turning the info over to Interpol, so other jurisdictions can get their pound of flesh if they so desire.
Closed Thread