Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]

My ultimate goal is not to sink the company. I want them to pay for their mistakes. I also want them to be a good company going forward.

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nat:

1.) It's your decision on whether you want to "help" or not. Not everyone will agree. Listen to their input if you like. If they flame you, F 'em.

2.) It's by no means clear that you will be "helping" them, if you are as objective as you have lead myself and others to believe.

3.) I think the real issue is that you are gathering information for all of us to make our individual decisions on whether/how the company survives.

So this brings up another question to ask them:
"Why should we play at your site if the primary beneficiaries will be... well, how can I put this nicely... a bunch of scum-sucking frat boys?"
Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My ultimate goal is not to sink the company. I want them to pay for their mistakes. I also want them to be a good company going forward.

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. Who wants to see crooks get back on their feet after stealing millions of dollars from their players? You apparently do, and if you're going to represent poker players, this is a conflict of their interest, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll happily step down. Adanthar and snagglepuss can go if AP agrees.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat,

f the haters. You deserve everything you can get out of this deal.

I think it's great that you're given this opportunity (allthough I can't understand Absolutes motives behind this) and I'm hoping for the most legendary trip report ever.

Good luck and keep us updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT times a billion
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not privy to the info you have but I don't have this kind of forgiveness. I've heard too many stories to every trust these guys again.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the very same fact that Nat has all the great credentials you're all talking about if the same fact that makes this an excellent PR move by AP, one that they will surely reference on the path to reestablishing their credibility. With Nat's limited time and resources he will not be able to do a thorough investigation there - it will be a superficial investigation at best, and they know it however, they will be able to use this perceived transparency hugely to their advantage, and that is the whole point of this, to be able to say down the road "look we even brought one of you guys down here to ask questions."

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM

definitely bring a pen camera just in case your ever left alone with highly confidential papers
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. Who wants to see crooks get back on their feet after stealing millions of dollars from their players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda agree, and I don't think it's about who goes. It's about those people not deserving a "second chance". The coverup is unjustifiable imho. That's life without parole for AP. If the same events (as we observers know them) had taken place on US soil, these people would be facing serious time in a federal joint. Yet, we're trying to help them move on?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that Nat has all the great credibility you're all talking about is the very same fact that makes this an excellent PR move by AP, one that they will surely reference on the path to reestablishing their own credibility. With Nat's limited time and resources he will not be able to do a thorough investigation there - it will be a superficial investigation at best, and they know it. They will, however, be able to use this perceived transparency hugely to their advantage, and that is the whole point of this - to be able to say, down the road, "look we even brought one of you guys down here to ask questions."

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the very same fact that Nat has all the great credentials you're all talking about if the same fact that makes this an excellent PR move by AP, one that they will surely reference on the path to reestablishing their credibility. With Nat's limited time and resources he will not be able to do a thorough investigation there - it will be a superficial investigation at best, and they know it however, they will be able to use this perceived transparency hugely to their advantage, and that is the whole point of this, to be able to say down the road "look we even brought one of you guys down here to ask questions."

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

so if he refuses to go they can say the same thing (we tried to open a dialogue, blah blah blah)
Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. Who wants to see crooks get back on their feet after stealing millions of dollars from their players? You apparently do, and if you're going to represent poker players, this is a conflict of their interest, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I am hoping this is just the line Nat fed them to gain access, and when he gets down there he's a 1 man wrecking crew finding all the dirt on these scumbags to sink them forever. If he's there to save the companies future then WTF.. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]