Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 09:56 AM

Default FT 100 seat guarantee for WSOP ME - AQo

Hey all, first post to MTT Strategy. Not sure how interesting this hand is as I don't play much tournament poker at all. and sorry, converter wouldn't work for me. anyways, here's the hand.

blinds 170/340 with a 25 ante. i have 4300 in chips, so an M of about 6. there are about 950 players left out of 3400 and top 140 get a seat in WSOP ME.

4 folds, guy with 9000 in chips makes it $1500 to go. he's been raising in middle/late position, but not a crazy amount. this bet seemed proportionally a bit larger than his previous bets in earlier blind rounds.

folded to me in small blind and I have AQo. note: I've only shoved once so far (over a perceived button stealer) a few rounds back and wasn't called.

What's my move here and why? Thanks.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: FT 100 seat guarantee for WSOP ME - AQo

I think that this would be a good pushing oppurtunity. I think villians slightly larger raise probably means that he dosne't want a call. I am thinking his range is 66+ AK-A9, KQ, KJ, QJ. I think you have alot of FE here because he is probably folding alot of his hands even some of his small pp's. And even if he does call you with one of his small PP's you are going to have to double up soon and this may be the best hand and oppurtunity you see in a while. With your stack you should be happy for a race.

GL, I hope you get that seat!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have alot of FE here because he is probably folding alot of his hands even some of his small pp's.

[/ QUOTE ]

No FE whatsoever PF. Could try a Stop N Go which would leave you betting ~2500 into a ~3300 pot on the flop. That has some FE. But...

[ QUOTE ]
you are going to have to double up soon and this may be the best hand and oppurtunity you see in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This probably is a good opportunity to double up. You have AQ and are pretty short. Get it in.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Shove. Stop and go is bad here, folding is nitty.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop and go is bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Edit: Just to be clear, I still think shoving is best. Just wondering why you think a Stop N Go is bad?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:28 PM

k, thanks all. it seemed to me like i had to shove, but i just wanted to be sure.

i was kind of surprised how the hand played out. I shoved, the BB pushed over the top of me for all his chips (12,000 or something) and the original raiser folded. I figured I was completely cooked, but he turned over TT, which held up. Is pushing the tens standard there?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
k, thanks all. it seemed to me like i had to shove, but i just wanted to be sure.

i was kind of surprised how the hand played out. I shoved, the BB pushed over the top of me for all his chips (12,000 or something) and the original raiser folded. I figured I was completely cooked, but he turned over TT, which held up. Is pushing the tens standard there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given he had the same read on the original raisor, I think this is fine/borderline.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop and go is bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Edit: Just to be clear, I still think shoving is best. Just wondering why you think a Stop N Go is bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ is too good of a hand, you let him play almost perfectly by SnG with AQ, ie, folding KJ, AJ etc when the flop is bricks, and hes never folding a hand that your losing too (maybe 22-55 depending on flop texture)
Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop and go is bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ is too good of a hand, you let him play almost perfectly by SnG with AQ, ie, folding KJ, AJ etc when the flop is bricks, and hes never folding a hand that your losing too (maybe 22-55 depending on flop texture)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he might also fold AK on a brick flop that you shove as well. He might also fold 77-99 on a KJ4 flop. There are plently of hands that you are behind that you can fold out on the flop.

So long as he doesn't know what your doing, why not SNG any flop you miss and check to him on any flop you hit?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop and go is bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he might also fold AK on a brick flop that you shove as well. He might also fold 77-99 on a KJ4 flop. There are plently of hands that you are behind that you can fold out on the flop.

So long as he doesn't know what your doing, why not SNG any flop you miss and check to him on any flop you hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

hes not folding AK or 77-99, at least he shouldn't be.

Your hand is to valuable to Stop and go, just put in preflop. Also that line u say, is obviously really exploitable. ("why not SNG any flop you miss and check to him on any flop you hit? ")