Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 07:36 AM

Default Playing this too weak?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

Should I check-raise turn and call down if 3-bet or? Or checkraise and bet river if only called? Or...
Old 02-23-2006, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Playing this too weak?

Checkraise the turn, lead the river. You'll see a 6, or a medium pocket pair here a lot. If 3-bet, you have odds to call the turn hoping to improve. Whether or not you call the river is up to your read of the player, but a default of calling is reasonable.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:15 AM

Agree with your line Dave. But if you think you're behind you don't have enough outs (2!) to call. So you're not hoping to improve but hoping you're ahead. But calling the 3-bet depends on the stats of the player you're against.
If you call the 3 bet on the turn to my oppinion you also have to call the river no matter what card comes up.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:22 AM

You're right, I didn't see that properly. Me post g00t.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree with your line Dave. But if you think you're behind you don't have enough outs (2!) to call. So you're not hoping to improve but hoping you're ahead. But calling the 3-bet depends on the stats of the player you're against.
If you call the 3 bet on the turn to my oppinion you also have to call the river no matter what card comes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:30 AM

if youre C/Ring the turn, and i think you should, then i think folding to a 3 bet should be fairly easy against all but the more maniacal of opponents.

all you are beating if 3 bet is a bluff, and as mentioned you dont have outs to draw to.