Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: NL25 - Speculation preflop leads to this.....

Well im sure it will come as no surprise to you not only did i lose this hand but i just busto'd my roll. gg poker. i hate life right now
Old 11-21-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PF: On the button (sometimes in CO) I might call a raise w/ suited Queens after other coldcallers. In MP I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the worst advice in quite a while except you mean like AQs / maybe KQs...All other suited Qs are absolute trash in those spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

My suited Queens have netted me over $1200 in my 80k hand database @ 100NL. My suited Queen-rags have been as profitable as AQs/KQs (only because I've been misplaying the latter two).

So I think these hands are profitable to play under certain circumstances i.e. position against predictable opponents.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My suited Queens have netted me over $1200 in my 80k hand database @ 100NL.

[/ QUOTE ]big difference between them netting you money and netting you money when calling IP with no cold callers IMO LDO.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the most part, that bet usually means something but there are a number of villans that I have come up against at 25NL that simply just bluff on every street. You just have to pay more attention and take notes. Avoid the auto pilot you may be missing some value in spots. To clarify, you are being too general. Bets def dont always mean a hand at 25NL for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thatīs sound advice. But if you do pay attention, the gamblers/bluffers will reveal themselves fast.

Admit, we have no clear read here. But the mere possibility that villain might be a habitual bluffer is no information on him and not enough to build a play around here IMO.

I personaly treat serious betting as meaningful information as long as indications for opposite are concrete. Exception may be a table that has been chosen for very high average pot plus very high flop seen rate plus there is a mono-tabler who has tripled up or so. I may then give him quite little respect even itīs his first action I ever see.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I learned the hard way when I moved up from NL10 to NL25 that bets actualy mean hands at NL25. Most of the time, that is. So he bets the flop, you raise, he calls - then he leads the turn for an amount that will probably not make you fold (from his perspective) but make the pot large. He really likes his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may still be way too much of a noob to offer any really constructive advice, but I just moved up from NL10 to NL25 full ring and I got my bottie well and truly spanked until I stopped playing trash and remembered that LP is the button and the CO only.

I still get paid off on my good hands but I leave the marginal hands unless I have both position (which may only be OTB if the guy directly to my left is a pain) and clear evidence that those in the pot have been folding to C-bets.

OK, I am sure this is far from the best poker, but it's taken me from losing to winning territory and I'll wait until my BR is out of the 20BI range and I have much more experience before I try to extract any value from the speculative hands.

Way too nitty? Probably, but I don't want to go back to NL10 again.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:28 PM

I guess i was just playing terrible yesterday i dropped like everything i had on stars, save 125$ or so. Thats another story.

Forgot to note the reason i didnt call on the turn even tho i believe i had pot odds after turning the open ender was i hate bloating the pot to fold to his likely push/bet on the riv if i miss. Seems like i am giving up alot long term this way, no?

Edit: after thinking about preflop it probably wasnt the best play due to playing on a small roll. If i had 100 buyins i would do it to mix up my game. As the title i knew i was speculating a bit with a plan. I was hoping to generate a little discussion accordingly.