Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-24-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: youtube club

Internet People

Got that from the LoL forum.
Grey's post listing all the references
Old 11-25-2007, 03:24 PM

So, I will post some of my thoughts about what I have already gotten through. I took about an hour yesterday to look through this all.

PowerThirst: I laughed for the first 25 seconds, but I can't make it through all of it. It's just too long. I know, short attention span.

Darth Vader was funny.

If I took a ten minute video of George Lucas taking a dump, I would probably see a five star "this is friggin' awesome" rating.

The car commercial got two views from me. Very original, and I could see it in real life.

WalMart, like the store, over extended it's stay, but I did laugh.

The Nostromo amV is very well done. I wish the song was better, although it is real cool toward the end. To think of how much time, passion, and sheer boredom it took to edit together 41 different movies is mind-blowing. It actually makes me want to try it.

Trigger Happy was interesting, though I admit that I wasn't in the mood to watch anything for ten minutes. I will look at it later.

The Zena song and video is interesting. That blonde girl is surprisingly irritating to watch, though.

The name of the band in my amV is Within Temptation. A new discovery and a new addiction.

Big Pappa.......

Some very good ones, for sure.

That octopus vs shark? Was that the way it was announced on tv or is that someone else doing a voice over. Either way, amazing.

The Downfall: I LOVED this. It was so wrong, yet side-splitting. I wish I could share this with other people, but they wouldn't get it. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

The video game one is interesting. So much crying.

Here are some more amVs:

soul of an angel

angels

Not that I have a thing for angels, it's just that I stumbled across the Paul Oakenfold one, and that led to more angels, which leads to more angels. Sort of stuck in that spiral for now.

I'll post more later, probably some music videos done over movie edits.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:22 PM

This is pretty funny if you don't mind poking fun at suicide:

Prelude to Suicide
Old 11-27-2007, 11:01 PM

This is probably the best amateur musician I've yet to find on youtube. Reason to Believe Don't Think Twice it's Alright flatpickin' Dream a Little Dream

This guy does pretty much all covers but he's really amazing. Great voice plus he's an incredible flatpicker as well as fingerpicker. He has about 90 vids and every one is
top notch.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:03 AM

A friend of mine put me on to this vid about two months ago. This guy's not the best rapper, but he's one hell of a musician.

Ryan Leslie
Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty funny if you don't mind poking fun at suicide:

Prelude to Suicide

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty awesome. Loved the ending hahahahaha, works on multiple levels.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 AM

When I finished upper secondary, Me and couple of friends decided to make a suprise calendar to our teachers. Well it got great response, and we put it in youtube (I cannot put a link right now, because I'm at my work and I can't access youtube wtf?!? I know.. Anyway search: "ksyk" and you might find it, over 40k views lol.)
Ps, It's all for fun, notice the great comments we've gotten lol
Old 11-30-2007, 12:00 AM

Keep em coming guys.

Zombeetles: That's just retarded but hilarious.

The suicide one was funny at the end.

That flat-picking is amazing. I can sort of flat pick, except I finger-pick it instead, but I surely can not ever play like that. Wow.

On Your Mark is really cool, and so isn't the Infernal Affairs video. Over all good quality stuff.

I have nothing to add right now. Thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 AM

She's not smarter than a 5th grader
Old 11-30-2007, 12:26 PM

Yea. I agree on the flatpicking. I can do some, just not quite in that league. What's amazing though if you watch all of his vids, most are fingerpicked and are incredible too. You just don't see that many players who are equally amazing at both. He's also got a great voice, not to mention the harmonica accompaniment on some songs.

He claims he's just an amateur player and huge music fan.
but if you read through the comments you'll see alot of people just don't believe it. He's so polished, it seems impossible that he's just a home player.

THe other thing is he's very anonymous, and only really shows that one camera angle, just ususally a little further out. There's all sorts of speculation as to who he may be, pro, teacher, studio musician or whatever. He also has a few complete songs where he plays every instrument, and they're great too.

Wow. I just wrote alot about some random on the internet. LOl. It's just that I've just recently found that guys work and he's kind of a hidden gem on there.