Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Tried isolating a weak player, ooopsy I get too much company.

SB is terrible and aggro with it. Previously have seen him raise/cap K6o in a multiway pot. In general, when there are limpers to him he will raise with any kind of trash. He often chases tot he river.

UTG limped K,10o last round, has been limping into a lot of pots.

Readless on other players in the hand.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero....
Old 11-20-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Tried isolating a weak player, ooopsy I get too much company.

UTG seems loose if he is willing to openlimp KTo in UTG+1. -&gt; he was the weak link in your otherwise good idea to isolate a bad aggro player with a hand that has showdown value.

On the flop you act weak. Your play looks a lot like missed overcards. Your bet looks like a standard c-bet to a dry. Therefore Button could be betting a pocket pair in the range of 44-88 here. Vs that range you are a huge favorite so call turn and c/c river too.

I'd raise the flop for protection. The pot is big, I'd like to win it here. Alternative is to play it wa/wb.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Your preflop play basically never works.

It would be fine if it did work though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Raising the laggy guy when there havn't been a bunch of limpers before he acted is also good of course.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:20 PM

I agree with Nie that this never works. It was an expensive lesson for me.

You've underrepresented your hand here. I can't fold an underrepresented hand when the turn blanks like that. Hell, the turn is great for your hand. As played I go with wa/wb and call down.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Lol at trying to isolate an SB after four players have already limped in.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop you act weak. Your play looks a lot like missed overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 3 betting from the SB, it's not a great idea to go for a c/r, even with an overpair, unless you know for sure someone in LP will bet. That's not the case here. His flop play could easily be a strong bet.

b
Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop you act weak. Your play looks a lot like missed overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

After 3 betting from the SB, it's not a great idea to go for a c/r, even with an overpair, unless you know for sure someone in LP will bet. That's not the case here. His flop play could easily be a strong bet.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
By saying that he looks weak on the flop I mean the fact that Hero didn't 3-bet after Button raised his initial c-bet -&gt; looks like overcards peeling one a lot of the time to the Villain.

At least I didn't even consider a c/r and agree it wouldn't be a good choice on the flop.

Of course, with KK or AA you might actually want to let the villain bet the turn for you (which he probably does after raising on a flop this dry) and plan to c/r there. So that could be an option to represent here too.