Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: S[]D Squeee Call

Since your shove is not enough to be a raise, Zugwat can now call with any decent hand, maybe even a crappy hand, since he's getting more than 3:1, and then you're all-in with QJo against 2 players.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since your shove is not enough to be a raise, Zugwat can now call with any decent hand, maybe even a crappy hand, since he's getting more than 3:1, and then you're all-in with QJo against 2 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming Zugwat is calling with "any decent hand" is a horrible assumption IMO, unless your definition of "any decent hand" is quite a bit different from mine.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming Zugwat is calling with "any decent hand" is a horrible assumption IMO, unless your definition of "any decent hand" is quite a bit different from mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you give Bakes {88+, AQ+} and djk top 25%, he's getting pot odds, 3.5:1 (not including the antes), to call with a random hand. Plus you have an all in and no side pot, so djk's probably not going crazy with absolute air on the flop. What should he be folding here?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Does he really want to be playing OOP vs. DJK in a bloated pot where he basically only has a PSB left?

I don't think he's calling here much, maybe shove, in which case Bakes should be HU vs. him instead of DJK playing for a bigger pot (albeit vs. a much tighter range)
Old 11-15-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he really want to be playing OOP vs. DJK in a bloated pot where he basically only has a PSB left?

I don't think he's calling here much, maybe shove, in which case Bakes should be HU vs. him instead of DJK playing for a bigger pot (albeit vs. a much tighter range)

[/ QUOTE ]

Position is irrelevant -- the best hand is going to win the pot, since the presence of Bakes being all in basically prevents djk from pushing him out of the pot. I agree that he'll shove a lot of hands here pre, but I personally wouldn't fold too many if any.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DJK is the reraiser

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

way ahead of his range, but z is probably calling
Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Position is irrelevant -- the best hand is going to win the pot, since the presence of Bakes being all in basically prevents djk from pushing him out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

this cant be right unless Zug is calling post flop with the entire range that he calls with preflop. DJK is going to bet some flops he misses/picks up draws on to clean up some outs.

ETA: i don't think he is just calling pre often though.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM

im reshoving if anything and never just calling except maybe with AA just to give DJK a chance to do something wack
Old 11-15-2007, 09:40 PM

i prefer doing this with Ax. BUT ITS DJK!!! As one who is not nearly as aggro, I will resteal CO from btn enough that I think this profitable v him. I dont know the other guy. Also, DJK might "think" you have a big hand. And then call you anyways.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im reshoving if anything and never just calling except maybe with AA just to give DJK a chance to do something wack

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you