Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-08-2007, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Bold, Aggressive... check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HooBangin collected $96 from pot
ASPoker8 said, "LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

he won, didnt he?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you consider that winning [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

the monies in the pot were sent sliding towards his numbers, screen name, avatar, and box-encapsulation...not yours. get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

but how much did he lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing
Old 11-08-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HooBangin collected $96 from pot
ASPoker8 said, "LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

he won, didnt he?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you consider that winning [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

the monies in the pot were sent sliding towards his numbers, screen name, avatar, and box-encapsulation...not yours. get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

but how much did he lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM

aces got there, if he bet this its a super thin value bet. most 1/2-players dont do these.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aces got there, if he bet this its a super thin value bet. most 1/2-players dont do these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think he could squeeze some value out of AT? Maybe not... real thin. One of those spots where if he bets, hes always behind when called.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell do you mean aces got there? does he always have aces there? see one of the problems and misconceptions that afflict noobs like you is that you watch TV poker and always try to put your opponents on exactly one hand, when it's actually correct to put them on a range of hands instead

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think he could squeeze some value out of AT? Maybe not... real thin. One of those spots where if he bets, hes always behind when called.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a full house..... a full [censored] house
Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. However my range is so so strong that he should probably check behind the river to control the size of the pot. Does he really have equity vs my range? Seems a little frisky to try and get value. Am I really calling with AT? Naw. I'll probably just c/r him off his hand. Bet/folding the river due to poorly timed thin value bets sucks dude.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. However my range is so so strong that he should probably check behind the river to control the size of the pot. Does he really have equity vs my range? Seems a little frisky to try and get value. Am I really calling with AT? Naw. I'll probably just c/r him off his hand. Bet/folding the river due to poorly timed thin value bets sucks dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude with that logic it's no wonder that your still playing $1/$2 NL while i'm already watching $200/$400 on full tilt. say the board is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...are you telling me that you are honestly considering folding there with anything? he'll overbet shove to try and get you off the chop that's bleeding omney
Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude with that logic it's no wonder that your still playing $1/$2 NL while i'm already watching $200/$400 on full tilt. say the board is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]...are you telling me that you are honestly considering folding there with anything? he'll overbet shove to try and get you off the chop that's bleeding omney

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably has 55. Easy fold.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably has 55. Easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you still have to call because you don't want to put the image out there that you are easily bluffable. I saw this concept somewhere in an sbrugby video. Then, the next time the situation comes around you are in a position to capitalize with an aggressive call.