Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Fold AA for one bet?

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

10.5 to 1 and you fold AA HU on the flop

inexcusably bad.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

10.5 to 1 and you fold AA HU on the flop

inexcusably bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah even if she turns over her hand and shows me Top set, I am still calling the flop.

ATs, I fold b/c winning half a pot suxxors.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably facing a straight or a set (JJ-QQ, as she didn¨'t cap it) here. I would have folded on the flop. Of course there is a slim chance for a split if she has ATs but it really is.. slim. A bet saved is a bet earned!

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another poster that has a misnomer for a handle and poker advice that's so bad he's quickly going to wind up on the ignore list.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably facing a straight or a set (JJ-QQ, as she didn¨'t cap it) here. I would have folded on the flop. Of course there is a slim chance for a split if she has ATs but it really is.. slim. A bet saved is a bet earned!

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another poster that has a misnomer for a handle and poker advice that's so bad he's quickly going to wind up on the ignore list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I really think the forum would be better off if no one ever made comments like this. Sure his post wasn't good, but
I think your legit options are to disagree and explain why or ignore it.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I really think the forum would be better off if no one ever made comments like this. Sure his post wasn't good, but

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If Barry weren't the type of poster who has an established history and many posts, I'd say he would be a candidate to be temp-banned. This is the type of thing that has decimated the no-limit high stakes forum and a big reason why many respected posters quit posting there. I don't feel comfortable there anymore either.

You can slam the idea, but you have to watch slamming the poster. Embarrassing posters is not a way to make people feel welcome. I'm sure at one time or another we've all made questionable posts.

Garland
Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If Barry weren't the type of poster who has an established history and many posts, I'd say he would be a candidate to be temp-banned. This is the type of thing that has decimated the no-limit high stakes forum and a big reason why many respected posters quit posting there. I don't feel comfortable there anymore either.

You can slam the idea, but you have to watch slamming the poster. Embarrassing posters is not a way to make people feel welcome. I'm sure at one time or another we've all made questionable posts.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

esp u Garland [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:37 PM

Raising turn is worse than folding and no one bashed that post as much as the guy who suggested folding. lawlz.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 AM

I agree. Raising the turn is yucktown. I don't think it's worse than folding but it's defintely lolworthy.

Why would you think to fold the flop for one bet?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good players know when to hold 'em... but also when to fold 'em! Other players spew their chips in hopeless situations and wonder why they can't win [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM

call, call, and call vs this opponent= expert