Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 10-27-2007, 01:58 AM

Default 1/2 small stakes..playin big with 400BB

Will try to take this in parts. Hopefully each street warrants some discussion.

1/2 NL live

Effective stacks: $800

BB seems pretty typical live/bad. Calls too much. Pays off too much. Pretty much....too much. The only difficulty with dealing with his game is that he incorporates floating into his game and it works well for him.

CO is an internet player. Looking to play in a ton of pots but understands his boundaries. As of yet, I haven't seen him get outta line when the pot gets big. That isn't to say he can't though.

I have been fairly active with the benefit of an early double up (AA > JJ). Been splashing around enough to garner a looser image.

Folded to me and I raise to $15 from the HJ with 99. CO raises to $50. BB calls. I...
Old 10-27-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 1/2 small stakes..playin big with 400BB

some 3betting history would be nice, since thats how this hand starts
Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 AM

why even post this decision, easy call.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:20 AM

and before you go off posting again, what are everyones stacks? effective 800 for all or is someone more or less deep than that? also how many handed is it, and when you say bb floats does that mean he floats to bluff later or he just calls really light because he is bad and doesnt know any better? important distinction there..
Old 10-27-2007, 02:25 AM

make it $180.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 AM

seems like an easy flat call
Old 10-27-2007, 03:30 AM

mythrilfox,

Take it easy. The read I gave is on average 10x better then your average 2+2 posts read so chill out.

As for PF, some may prefer a raise, some may like a call, and some may find a fold given we are sandwiched.

All of our stacks range from 800-1100. Effective stacks = the stacks that will be in play. So no one has less then that. As for BB, he floats meaning he will call loose in order to make a play on a later street. As well, he does call light and payoff light. So sometimes it is hard to differentiate. He will bet his hands if he has one so when he does float it is disguised enough....hope that helps. If not, please feel free to pass on this thread and move on to the next one. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:04 AM

i appreciate the time you put into it, i was just asking more questions that i thought were pertinent so we wouldn't have to play post tag.

i mean, i don't see how any other option is good here at all. 4betting is a bluff and you open yourself up to getting blown off an extremely profitable set-mining situation. perhaps if CO had been reraising you a lot and you knew BB called any two there you could craft a realistic argument for 4betting since their ranges are so weak, but you want to keep the donk in and I think this is going to play really well 3-handed here. you can lead out if the flop comes favorable for you and based on your read co will just play straightforward vs a lead, esp. with Mr. jackal in the BB. you also have the opportunity to bluff CO off an overpair later in the pot, he sounds like the kind of player that would fold an overpair if the right board/action came down and you have a tight image.

if you reraise you're just opening up yourself to being 4bet by a big hand which it will surely do this deep. calling here is just sex baby, so many awesome things can happen to you postflop, esp. with the BB in.