Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Poker sites to choose from

Hey people,

I currently play on william hill in the £25 NL rooms. However im finding it a real grind at the mo due to the amount of fish, varience is high. I do make money here but as mentioned, its a very slow process.

Now i regularly play live, i cash in about 2 out of 3 tournament games - whatever the buy in ( i say whatever up to like £150 im not as rich as some of you guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and ive played and can beat £100 NL.

The problem is that although i can beat £100 NL im not bankrolled for it. I cant afford varience.

Basically im wondering what sites you lot recommend play / recommend playing. Although ive tried various other sites, i never stuck to any and ive played on Will hill for about 6 years. time for a change i think!

Comments appreciated :>
Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Poker sites to choose from

question, did you have rakeback
if not, you just throw away aot of free money.
you can try sites with great promotion plus rakeback
fulltilt, crypt newtwork,....etc
Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 AM

If you are not bankrolled for the limits at WillHill you won't be elsewhere so I am not sure where you are coming from on that one. Also if it is full of fish be happy.

If you just want a change then FTP with bonus and RB is very good with lots of traffic. Obviously there is PokerStars with their own points system but no rakeback. They are the 2 big ones that I like.

I would like to say WPEX with no rakeback (or have they changed it now?). However, when I played about a year ago there was little traffic and poor graphics. But no rake was so cool. Just wish it caught on more than it has.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM

i dont / have never had rakeback, im assuming will hill wont backdate it for me? lol ;]

I am bankrolled for £25 NL

I do occasionally play £100 NL (from my own pocket not my bankroll) which i can frequently beat, in fact i find the games there easier than the games at my limit! But when im running bad, i cant afford it. And im sensible with money.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:19 PM

then you must try to get on to a site with Rakeback
you cannot get rakeback after you already deposit money.
Just to give you an idea
my 25NL statis 3.54/BB100, over 45000hand, my rakeback is around 1.5/BB100
won + rakeback =5.04/BB100
as you can see, it make pretty big difference on the win rate and total money gain.
I pay 25nl for 3.5 month, you been playing for 6 year, just image how much free money you have throw away.
I did image you have throw away money that is bigger then your bankroll.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
then you must try to get on to a site with Rakeback
you cannot get rakeback after you already deposit money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is correct for WillHill if you did not originally join them from an affiliate. If you just signed up to WillHill by yourself I am fairly certain you can get rakeback by legally opening a new accout. Go to one of the better affiliates and ask them (I use raketherake). The following was a reply I had from raketherake a number of months ago but I assume it is still the same:

Thank you for your email. You can get rakeback at WH but you need to open a new account

We do not deal with Ladbrokes

William Hill (and the other Cryptologic rooms) have no problem with multiple accounts

Therefore you should uninstall the software and delete your cookies and internet files

(In your internet browser click Tools>Internet Options> Delete Cookies and Clear Internet Files)

Then you can visit our page for that room and follow the instructions to download and create a new account. This should work.

Then send your details to newplayer@raketherake.com and when you have started playing there we should be able to confirm your account within 24-48 hours.

These are our current rakeback rates there. They are fixed by William Hill.

The $500 sign up bonus is not deducted from rake.

William Hill: 30-55% Rakeback

Rake Rakeback %

£0 - £49.99 0%

£50 - £249 30.0%

£250 - £499 32.5%

£500 - £999 35.0%

£1,000 - £1,499 37.5%

£1,500 - £2,499 40.0%

£2,500 - £3,499 42.5%

£3,500 - £4,999 45.0%

£5,000 - £6,499 50.0%

£6,500+ 55.0%

There is also a Sign up Bonus up to $500

Every time you play at William Hill Poker you are able to earn My Poker Points.

To be eligible for the $500 bonus you need to create your account and start to play before 30th June.

Then you have from today until the 31st July to earn as many points as you can. There is NO minimum deposit.

MPPs Earned Cash Bonus

Up to 999 points $50 (£25) Paid To Play bonus

1000-1999 Points You get another $50 (£25)

2000-2999 Points You get another $100 (£50)

3000-3999 Points You get another $100 (£50)

4000-4999 Points You get another $100 (£50)

5000+ You get another $100 (£50)

Total = $500

http://www.raketherake.com/PokerWilliamHill.html

The rakeback is put directly back in to your poker account by WH by the 5th day of the following month.

I hope that helps? Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.