Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Date + DUI = difficulty

So I got a DUI and my license is currently suspended till December 3rd. (lets not spew about that on this thread... there is a 300 thread trip report about the whole DUI issues)...

But here is my new problem.

I got two different numbers while at the Yard House the other night; don't worry... I walked from my apartment :-)

I have two dates lined up for next week with a couple above average looking women (obvious brag).

My question is this... what the hell is my play?

Luckily I live in Long Beach where most the hot spots and pubs are within walking distance of my house.

Of course, me being unable to drive is bound to come up rather quickly... do I just come clean up front? Do I BS and make up some ridiculous story? Or do I just play it off like I'm to damn cool to go pick her up and she needs to meet me on my turf?

HELP.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Date + DUI = difficulty

were you the guy that used to take girls on plane trips for the first date?

just fly there ldo
Old 10-19-2007, 03:55 PM

drive anyway ldo
Old 10-19-2007, 03:56 PM

Suggest that she come to your place. If you hit it off well and feel comfortable later on, be honest with her. If you are interested in these women for anything serious, don't lie. To me, lying is a bigger red flag than someone who made a mistake and lost their license. It may turn them off but if it does, do you want to be with someone like that anyway?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 PM

Is it really a big deal telling them you got a DUI and you can't drive anywhere until Dec 3?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
were you the guy that used to take girls on plane trips for the first date?

just fly there ldo

[/ QUOTE ]

yep... that's me... but due to the slow down in the mortgage industry... and the fact that I can't drive her to the airstrip... my 1st dates have been a little less baller lately.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suggest that she come to your place. If you hit it off well and feel comfortable later on, be honest with her. If you are interested in these women for anything serious, don't lie. To me, lying is a bigger red flag than someone who made a mistake and lost their license. It may turn them off but if it does, do you want to be with someone like that anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think i would have a problem being with someone that looks down on dui's...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really a big deal telling them you got a DUI and you can't drive anywhere until Dec 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

To me it is... the DUI experience is the most embarrassing thing that's ever happen to me, it's also the first time I've been in trouble with the law.

One of the girls I'm going out with is getting a degree in criminology, wants to be a cop, and comes from a family of law enforcement.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think i would have a problem being with someone that looks down on dui's...

[/ QUOTE ]

you're either so fking stupid it's unbelievable (for not figuring out that OP has a dui and hence your comment is totally nonsensical in that regard) or such a ridiculous moral high horse riding prickbag that either way please just post lolcats in the future, thank you

edit: i am obv not being srs in calling you a prickbag (but cmon what an awesome word), but i do think its kinda ridiculous to respond to his thread with your comment, given the response you quoted is obv directed to an op who has a dui, so wtf are you talking about...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM

woman who wants to be a cop=lesbian