Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: EDF Halloween/Paranormal thread

MissT,

Reminds me of some tv show i saw. family put the dog into a kennel before their vacation. as they're driving down the road that night, heavy fog, they see their dog running along the side of the road. they are convinced it is him, so they pull over. as they pullover, they can't find the dog, but then hear a crash. turns out it was like a 30 car pileup with many fatalities. they go back to get the dog, and he is all wet and is chewing on a branch which nobody knew where it came from.

also, your story is weird but cool.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 AM

I don't know what to say but LOL

I'm thinking I'm going to write it up in a fictional story style on my blog. Will let you all know when it's done, give me a few days.

T
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 AM

I really hope this thread picks up steam. The apartment I used to live at, roughly 18 months ago was quite haunted with poltergeist activity.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MissT,

Reminds me of some tv show i saw. family put the dog into a kennel before their vacation. as they're driving down the road that night, heavy fog, they see their dog running along the side of the road. they are convinced it is him, so they pull over. as they pullover, they can't find the dog, but then hear a crash. turns out it was like a 30 car pileup with many fatalities. they go back to get the dog, and he is all wet and is chewing on a branch which nobody knew where it came from.

also, your story is weird but cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmn if Final Destination has proven anything, they died a horrible death soon after(the dog too)
Old 10-16-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got done reading tedthecaver.com, good read but its a hoax/exercise in creative writing, pretty good, especially the feeling you get from his last page, it really gets the point of fear across.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. I'm up to about page 9 when I stopped reading last night. The suspense is building. Creepy as hell.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:42 AM

I definitely believe in the paranormal. I have had some strange experiences which I can't really explain. One of the weirdest and creepiest I had was in Dudleytown (CT). I went there with my sister because we were in the area and heard so much about it being haunted.

When we pulled up we were going to get out to take some pics. As we were about to get out of the car, I literally had scratches appear on my hand. It was bleeding pretty badly, and we had to drive to a general store (not much around there) to get some bandages. I checked online, and other people have posted about being scratched there. Strangely, it was just me, not my sister. Itscared me pretty badly and I will never go back there again.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 AM

I had a dream where I was sitting in the middle row of my parent's minivan and my mom was driving. The front passenger seat was empty, which was strange, because if no one was there, I should be. I'm a bit foggy on the exact specifics of it leading up to the situation in the dream since it was 3 years ago, but we were driving on a curvy road on a mountain, with a forest beneath us. It's raining hard and my mom is upset for some reason. Something about a restaurant caused it. The car slips, falls off the mountain and starts tumbling through the air to the forest below. Everything started to go in slow motion. Right before we hit the ground, everything went black and I FELT myself leaving my body. It's still the most terrifying feeling I've ever experienced. Imagine your soul being ripped from your body.

Needless to say, I woke up covered in sweat and scared shitless. I did not go back to sleep that night. You're not supposed to be able to experience dying in a dream. That was the only time I ever had.

I told a lot of people about my dream, every specific of it.

2-3 months later, I'd mostly forgotten about it. My brother (14), mother and myself (18) were driving to Canada to visit family from Illinois. We were about two hours into the drive. We stopped at a rest spot to use the bathrooms and left shortly. I was sleeping in the middle row of the van and so I just stayed there. My brother was sleeping in the back row.

We go about 30-45 minutes until my mom wakes me up to ask if I want anything from a fast food drive through. It's raining. I tell her no and she continues to ask my little brother. He doesn't answer, so she tells me to wake him up. I get up, peek over... he's not there. No mom, not joking, he's not there.

Obviously, mom starts to freak out. We figure he must have left the car when she wasn't paying attention at the rest stop and she assumed she was in the back row sleeping. She gets directions to the local police station and books it there. About two minutes later we get there and go in. They say they'll dispatch someone close to the rest stop and we can go too if we like. Obviously, we go.

The rain starts to really pick up at this point. I get back in the middle row of the van out of habit. She gets on the highway, speeding and driving a little erratically because she's so upset. I don't think anything of the driving because it's not that bad, just fast, and I'm worried about my brother too. The dream hasn't even crossed my mind yet. A curve comes up on the highway, I look over... and there is a huge forest. HOLY [censored] MOM SLOW DOWN STOP STOP STOP STOP!!! I'd told her about the dream the day it happened. It only took a quick reminder of it before she remembers and is a bit shaken by it.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:02 AM

Kurosh,

That's ... freaky.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:36 PM

In 1996 my dog became very sick very suddenly. He had to be put down, after he had been moved to the hospital at the local college of veterinary medicine, which is very much like a human hospital and has that "hospital smell" that you cannot mistake.

Afterward, my wife (at the time) and I were very upset, and did not want to go home. We ended up having dinner with two good friends who were also huge "animal people" and had sort of a celebration of his life (he was a great, great dog). Sounds weird, I know.

Anyway, we got home at maybe 8 o'clock at night. As soon as we walked into the apartment door, the smell of the vet hospital hit us in the face, thick, heavy, unmistakable. We had not been home since we'd left the hospital maybe 4 hours before. Both of us recognized it immediately. It is unlike any smell that would ever normally be in our apartment. We'd never smelled anything like it there before, and never smelled it again afterward.

I have no explanation for this event, but both of us experienced it, and it was, as I said, unmistakable.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:30 AM

one time, after a lil drinkin, i went to bed upstairs, and woke up on the couch downstairs... i dont think i was drunk enough to blackout and walk downstairs for no reason, so ill never know if i sleepwalked or blacked out. my mom woke me up and she was like wtf are you doin here, and i was like wtf how did i get here. that was wierd.