Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-13-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Stars 30 hu

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The higher you play the less I think you should play anyone huhu unless you have a specific reason you believe you're better.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think this matters? I think it's actually the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I was a bit confused about what OP and you guys meant. Did you mean that you should be more careful at high limits than you are at low limits (or vice versa)? Or did you mean that you should be more careful at HU high limits than multi-way high stakes (or the other way around)?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they mean that I, in particular, am not very good at hu and should stay away from tough mid-high limit players. at least that's what they should have told me.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 PM

btw what did the book give for hand analysis here?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw what did the book give for hand analysis here?

[/ QUOTE ]
what you said. no plan for dealing with a raise though. i think it might be an excellent book, since most of the things ive been unsure about or even objected to have been unanimously supported by better players.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The higher you play the less I think you should play anyone huhu unless you have a specific reason you believe you're better.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think this matters? I think it's actually the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically everyone who plays hu sucks until you get to 1/2, then most people suck, youll find tough competition at 2/4 and 5/10, only thing is most of the time below 1/2 people are just trying to hit and run you, but if you can get them stuck, you are usually in a great spot although they often dont have much to lose(this is mostly refering to stars)

also, people with stoxtraderish stats 6 max usually arent particularly great hu, they definatley have a clue, but they are generally not overly tough and dont have all that much hu experience, and they usually table select too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

basically everyone who plays hu sucks until you get to 1/2, then most people suck, youll find tough competition at 2/4 and 5/10, only thing is most of the time below 1/2 people are just trying to hit and run you, but if you can get them stuck, you are usually in a great spot although they often dont have much to lose(this is mostly refering to stars)

also, people with stoxtraderish stats 6 max usually arent particularly great hu, they definatley have a clue, but they are generally not overly tough and dont have all that much hu experience, and they usually table select too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are stoxtraderish stats? Does he play on Stars? Not sure if I have played him as I don't know his username.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, there are some fairly tough players at 30-60 and 50-100 who could do reasonably well at 100-200 (or perhaps even higher). So why don't they move higher?

Maybe it's just that they matched up pretty well against me, but they haven't had as much success against other players? Perhaps I'm overrating these players...

There are a few reasons why a decent player might not want to move up: increased variance at higher limits, a more conservative approach to shot-taking, or they're just happy to play those lower limits without risking too much money.

I don't avoid playing people HU just because they have "won a lot" -- I'll have to play them a while before I get a feel of whether they match up well against me. There's a lot of ebb and flow involved, as I generally play by feel a lot, so I prefer to play long sessions. Although hit and runners don't bother me as much as they seem to bother other people (I generally consider them a slight annoyance).
Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are stoxtraderish stats? Does he play on Stars? Not sure if I have played him as I don't know his username.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically like really tight, like 26/20ish, i make that generalization because in my experience, most people who play really well hu dont have the self discipline to play like a nit 6 handed, and most people who do have that discipline also have the discipline to have pretty strict table selection and therefore usually dont have the experience or the gamble to become great players, not saying anything about stoxtrader in particular, just players who play similar preflop to him

his name on stars used to be stoxtrader anyway, not sure if hes playing under a different one, but i doubt youve played with him, havent seen him around at all since you started playing

btw, good to see you on 2+2
Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 AM

i c/c this river a lot. lose value vs. k-hi and a 4 but has value vs. like everything else. plus i know this man not so much roar. and i get more showdowns down the road.