Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 10-02-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Just for fun

Against a good handreader I think this is kinda neat because you rep very little on the turn, maybe AJ and that's about it. Should get some action back to you. This is very non-standard and is terrible against unknowns, but you know that. Neat line. Works a little better on a brickier turn though.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
problem is you can have a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]agree 100% with this.

I like the flop line, but the turn really sucks- there are so many hands that we lose value to by raising because of the board- villain has to fold like every pr+draw hand he has because there is so much that has him crushed.

Call turn- there is only 1/6 (I think?) chance that another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls, so either VB river when checked to or min raise?

Interesting hand.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:54 AM

Yeah, but what can villain have that checks flop, bets turn...He is likely real weak himself and most of the time isn't putting anything more in the pot. I think I like a turn raise, maybe a bit bigger/bluffier(?), hoping he has something like AJ because you'd think he's pushing that...

This might be a hand where we say, OK we got all we're gonna get, let's raise turn and maximize against the few hands of his that we beat that can continue...
Old 10-02-2007, 01:40 AM

You dont think we're more likely to squeeze value on the river? If we just call and villain checks river, we can bet the same $30 and get called more often than if we raise turn.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM

If the turn was lower than a 9 I like this a lot lot more as others have said.

I still like calling this type of turn (praying the river blanks) and raising pretty big, possibly shoving if he comes out strong.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Grunch: I like a 3 bet pf here. I also like to bet the flop as a lot of turn cards can come to kill your action / kill your hand. I like the turn raise / call.

After reading responses and re-reading the hand, I can go either way on the flop. The fact that you check, called down TPWK and he won w/ TP slightly better kicker makes me like the turn raise. It looks like you’re trying to fold out a bad K / Q.

Still, I bet the flop and check the turn if I’m ok with giving a free card and feel like getting tricky. Gives him a better chance to make a strong 2nd best hand and looks more like pot control or NFD.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch: I like a 3 bet pf here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling is way better imo.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:43 PM

What do you run Jay? How often do you 3 bet a LAG CO open when on the button? In the blinds?

I'm personally raising a very wide range of hands here, however I also run 27/24/4.

Would love to hear your thoughts as to why CC is way better here.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:47 PM

I'm 23/20 or so. I've been into it a lot in other threads, and I don't really have time to go too much into it at the moment, but I 3bet really loose in this spot, but not with hands like this...
Old 10-02-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You dont think we're more likely to squeeze value on the river? If we just call and villain checks river, we can bet the same $30 and get called more often than if we raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point Casper. If the river is 2d for example, Hero may get looked up by a c/c or may even face a river bet from villain that we can raise...

OTOH, the boards gonna get scarier for everyone the times another heart comes and probably a few other cards for villain...So, I still think we need to raise it on the turn, hope he's got the few hands that can continue, like AJ/TT/JhJx?/AT?.