Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 09-30-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Big Pot line check

I don't think I got off line here very far but it felt awkward and a couple plays might be questionable. What do you think?

Villain is 47/2/2 after 83 hands and plays like it. Very loose passive preflop but he can get away from a bad hand and bet his good ones post flop.

Nemesis has drawn out to beat me twice in big pots but he has played them pretty well. I beat him once with KK over his 99 which we both played aggressively. He seems pretty tough and is playing at 31/13/3.5 after 36 hands.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, villain calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB :nemisis raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">nemisis bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, villain calls, Button calls, nemisis calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
nemisis checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, nemisis calls, Hero calls, villain calls.

River: (16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">nemisis bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, villain calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">nemisis 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, villain calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Specifically should I reraise here preflop?

Is the flop raise OK? I felt like nemesis would have c bet anything.

I didn't like the A on the turn against these guys but did I have to lead anyway?

River raise OK?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Big Pot line check

preflop is fine

flop is ok but i also wouldnt fault just calling

turn is great

river i dont raise given the flush got there. it can only lead to bad things imo
Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 AM

I just call the river. You played your hand like you had a full 8 outs. You must discount outs when playing in multiway pots like this. Especially on suited flops.

I think your flop raise was good, but when you have cold callers like that, you have to start hand reading.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Everything is ok except the river raise. Just call and go for overcalls.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:15 PM

why on earth did you raise the river? what do you think he has? when he bets the river you're winning about 0% of the time. maybe he has the other 88, maybe A8, so maybe you're splitting enough to call. calling the river 3-bet is burning money
Old 09-30-2007, 03:37 PM

I found the flop decision the most interesting in your hand.

Your flop raise may have folded out the 2 players behind you and improved your chances of winning if the pf raiser had unimproved overcards such as AK.

Otherwise, you would have been calling the flop for the chance to win a big pot if you completed your OESD and were not overtaken or beaten by a flush.

As others have said you should have just called the river bet.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:39 PM

This is well played, but I rather go for overcalls on the river.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:50 PM

I definitely want iso potential against sb here. I 3 bet preflop. Changes everything.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely want iso potential against sb here. I 3 bet preflop. Changes everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, smurph! SB has a PFR of 2% over &gt;80 hands. Most people raise less than normal from the worst position. Why would u want to isolate him? Also I doubt it will be sucessful even if we wanted it.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:57 PM

Isn't sb nemesis 31/13/3.5 ?

precisely why I want to iso to get the friggin villain out who according to

Bona can get away from a bad hand. I think calling 2 preflop is something he doesn't like doing.