Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: 17 Yr. Old Drives Drunk, Hits Cop Car, Half Naked

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I'd appretiate it if this was deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol is this a gimmick account?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the IP address it appears not to be.

However, I see no reason to delete this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care whether that was a gimmick account. How about blocking out the home address? If you don't have a policy which covers posting that level of personal information about people in general, and minors in particular, now is a good time to make one.

I thought about making a poll, but this should be guided by good sense, not a vote. I think the overwhelming majority would say that including her full name and home address didn't make the story better in any way, and the overwhelming majority of us would not want our home addresses posted, or those of our kids.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure there's no reason to delete this, but at least take out the address information. I mean, for chrissakes, we've already got two people who've admitted to trying to find pictures of her on social networking sites. What purpose does having her home address in the post serve, other than making it easy for a sexual predator to know where an alcoholic 17 year old girl lives?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:59 PM

It's cool man, if he gets anywhere behind her, she'll just run him over.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Once again I'm caught wishing I knew how to type out Ed McMahon's signature zinger line.. "Hiyoooohh!!!" (?)
Old 10-03-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care whether that was a gimmick account. How about blocking out the home address? If you don't have a policy which covers posting that level of personal information about people in general, and minors in particular, now is a good time to make one.

I thought about making a poll, but this should be guided by good sense, not a vote. I think the overwhelming majority would say that including her full name and home address didn't make the story better in any way, and the overwhelming majority of us would not want our home addresses posted, or those of our kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just copied and pasted straight from a news story. Any issue you have with the posting of her full name and city should be taken up with the news report. (I'll see if I can find it and link to it.)
Old 10-03-2007, 05:32 PM

if you found the link to this report I'd really appretiate it.
I've already gotten several calls, myspace messages, and someone even stopped by and dropped off a letter in my mailbox.
You, and other people that do this [censored], i.e. find me on myspace, or facebook or wahtever are [censored] creepy.
Get lives.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the overwhelming majority would say that including her full name and home address didn't make the story better in any way, and the overwhelming majority of us would not want our home addresses posted, or those of our kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just copied and pasted straight from a news story.

[/ QUOTE ]
That someone else made a mistake does not relieve you of the responsibility to edit it out. You are not a stenographer. You are posting something funny, and including someone's address doesn't have any positive effect. I'd have deleted the full name, too.

Thanks to the moderator, miajag, for deleting the address.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:37 PM

do you guys really think it's creepy to read about some chick doing something wrong/hilarious and trying to find out what she looks like? If it was some dude I'd probably look for him on facebook too just b/c it's a hilarious story and I want to see who did it. I mean, I also jerked off to her myspace while wearing makeup and watching the Wizard of Oz in HD but I still think googling someone's name isn't weird at all.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you found the link to this report I'd really appretiate it.
I've already gotten several calls, myspace messages, and someone even stopped by and dropped off a letter in my mailbox.
You, and other people that do this [censored], i.e. find me on myspace, or facebook or wahtever are [censored] creepy.
Get lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, sorry to hear it.. If I was in this situation, I'd be calling a lawyer to see if some charges couldn't be brought up against the original paper that printed this.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM

Like 40 guys in my town just got arrested in some police sting involving a bunch of gay sex in local parks or something.

The paper printed a bunch of their pictures on the front page and listed names and addresses and stuff. The story ran like Monday and by Tuesday one of them shot himself in the head.