Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: First hu post: 33 hands of LHE

yourface, thanks a lot for the input
[ QUOTE ]
hand 2: I will usually raise the flop here, but your play is fine too. were you going to raise a brick turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
wasn't sure, but i really didn't like his flop donk for some reason.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 5: I peel the turn a lot thinking that my pairs outs are good sometimes. I think this spot depends on the kind of hands he has been showing aggression with (can he have 2x/3x/worse?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to always peel here but I doubt its correct. He has a T a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 7: I don't think there is much value in a river bet unless he has been calling you down ridiculously light. I would c/c to induce a bluff from busted straight and flush draws

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he has K-hi a lot here.

[ QUOTE ]

hand 10: I would c/r the flop. peeling that kind of flop can freeze someone up if they are unpaired on the turn. also there will be lots of broadway turn cards that may freeze you up

[/ QUOTE ]
i always peel this flop, did you see the pf action?

[ QUOTE ]
hand 12: I call the flop 3bet to raise the turn. as played bet the river for value

[/ QUOTE ]
jba said the same thing and i just don't see how you guys can be right. His line is consistent with PPs and not much else. Not sure if the turn bet was good.

[ QUOTE ]

hand 21: another A high c/r that I don't like. better as a bluff catcher imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
i need help with this. see my other post in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 30: c/r flop is probably better than c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree

[ QUOTE ]
hand 33: excellent spew sir

[/ QUOTE ]
you should see the last two hands that omitted!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

hand 10: I would c/r the flop. peeling that kind of flop can freeze someone up if they are unpaired on the turn. also there will be lots of broadway turn cards that may freeze you up

[/ QUOTE ]
i always peel this flop, did you see the pf action?

[/ QUOTE ]
thinking about it more c/c c/c c/c is good because people tend to barrel off with whatever junk after l/rr pre and you lose less if he has a good hand.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hand 12: I call the flop 3bet to raise the turn. as played bet the river for value

[/ QUOTE ]
jba said the same thing and i just don't see how you guys can be right. His line is consistent with PPs and not much else. Not sure if the turn bet was good.

[/ QUOTE ]
he's prob going to look you up with anything that beats the board here ("well I have uhhhh, [censored] it the pot is big I call"). I can't think of any hands that he can have that beat you here except for TT
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

hand 21: another A high c/r that I don't like. better as a bluff catcher imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
i need help with this. see my other post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
you have a cr membership? schneids has a huhu vid out where he c/r Ax on a bunch of flops. I'm going to watch it again.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 PM

Going to reply blind here. It's a bit hard to analyze without results because often I base my decisions on what opponent has shown down so far.

Hand #9 -- I'd usually bet/fold this turn unless I thought my opponent was a massive bluffer.

Hand #10 -- River 3-bet is real bad.

Hand #11 -- Ugly turn spot, but again I think this is a fold against someone who isn't overaggro.

Hand #12 -- I might just call the flop 3-bet and assess the turn card and either raise again or call down. But capping flop is okay. Don't bet the turn if you're planning to check behind the river.

Hand #13 -- Read dependent, you have to be willing to fold this river if your opponent is predictable. So far, jury's still out so I don't hate a calldown.

Hand #14 -- Spew. Flop 3-bet is pretty questionable. With backdoor diamonds, you probably have a thin peel. As played, fold the turn.

Hand #16 -- I think continually making these type of calldowns is going to be -EV against any decent player.

Hand #17 -- Looks good, don't see any reason yet to think we have a strong enough hand to put in more action.

Hand #21 -- Major spew. Just because you can find one draw that villain could have doesn't mean you have to force your way to showdown. When I see an opponent play a hand like this, I get ready for a long match planning to break my opponent by value betting him to death.

Hand #22 -- Looks like a spew, lol if you are good here. You do realize that was the worst possible turn card for you, right?

Hand #23 -- Don't get what the turn raise accomplishes.

Hand #26 -- Flop peel seems a bit loose, but I tend to err on the tight side of flop peeling.

Hand #27 -- You have to be careful trying to squeeze value there. I prefer either a flop raise or a straight calldown. You're not much of a favorite over villain's calling range on the river, unless he's showing down A3 or KQ here (probably not unless he's quite bad).

Hand #29 -- Flop raise doesn't accomplish much, if you're ahead let him barrel off. River call is bad as played of course.

Hand #30 -- Flop and turn real bad, river is expert.

Hand #33 -- More spew.

Overall, you really need to think in terms of odds when you make calldowns (as well as balancing your play instead of being a predictable showdown monkey). Just because there is some draw that could be playing aggressively doesn't mean you should always be investing 2.5 BB to catch him when the board blanks.

Most players are pretty predictable. They value bet their hands and make bluffs in a few places which become predictable over time. You seem to play with a giant sign on your forehead flashing "I will NOT be bluffed" and even some mediocre players can beat such a player.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:48 PM

Lol, just looked at the results now. Your opponent is a showdown monkey too. Just wait to make hands and value bet him to death. These guys are soooooo easy to beat if you are patient. Your spews are really bad because they are large errors. Against this guy, you can afford small errors (either folding when you have a thin call or making a call when you had a thin fold) but you just can't spew into him. He overplays his hands, but doesn't get way out of line with them.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: HH\'s with results

dave,
you are friggin animal! What is your pfr stat? Mine is 53. Thought that was normal. I didn't think this guy was opening an abnormally high amount. Sorry if it wasnt clear, but I omitted all hands that were folded pf or on the flop.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:49 PM

daveT, you are an animal sir. I'm going to keep your preflop recommendations in mind next time I play huhu vs an aggressive villain

a couple questions/comments;

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #5

Horrible. He appears to be raising PF with anything. I would like a 3-bet here. After the flop, you could raise, but do not call the three-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
gotta call the 3bet getting 9:1. we'll definitely make up 2.5SB when we turn our GS

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #29

Please three-bet pf, call flop and fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
can't fold the turn, we have the nfd.
I agree that the flop should be a call though. we have SD value so there is lots of value in inducing bets from hands that have 6 outs.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #32

3-bet or fold the flop, please. You are bluffing here, either follow through or give it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
getting 7:1 with a GS+overcard I don't see how we can fold to a c/r. you want to power through to fold out draws with better high cards?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:51 PM

vma what is your pfr from the button? mine is usually 75-80% depending on who I am playing against, but some players are much looser
Old 09-27-2007, 12:24 AM

and by 2.5SB when we make our GS I meant 1.5 LDO
Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vma what is your pfr from the button? mine is usually 75-80% depending on who I am playing against, but some players are much looser

[/ QUOTE ]

pfr = 80/26 sb/bb

vpip= 80/54 sb/bb

what is yours? and dave's? jba? leader? bbushu? others who frequent this forum?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:03 AM

I think the BB stats are much more a function of who you're playing against

vs loose passives my BB vpip/pfr is going to be low because I get a lot of free looks and free cards with my weak holdings

vs LAGs both are going to be higher (pfr around 25-30%)