Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Re: 2 Kings in trouble at least give me a hand to post about.

I don't mind not capping it for meta-game reasons only, but a few things to consider:

i.) Against anyone with a clue, calling 2 cold back to you defines your hand almost as much as capping.

ii.) If you are worried about bloating the pot with a pre-flop cap, why are you check raising the turn- i.e. everyone will call 1 sb and be faced with only 1 more- bet/3bet.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're multiway in a large pot, forget about deception.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hardly ever cap AA or KK HU anymore online b/c a typical opponent will 3bet my flop c/r w/an overpair to the board allowing me to c/r the turn again and gain equity. Once it gets 3 way or more, I prefer just playing fast. If your going to call a 3 bet for deception purposes I like doing it w/AA much bet than KK b/c the hand is just easier to play w/out the lead b/c you will always flop an overpair to the board.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind not capping it for meta-game reasons only, but a few things to consider:

i.) Against anyone with a clue, calling 2 cold back to you defines your hand almost as much as capping.

ii.) If you are worried about bloating the pot with a pre-flop cap, why are you check raising the turn- i.e. everyone will call 1 sb and be faced with only 1 more- bet/3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I responded to your 1st reply and it's disappeared! I mention that in case it pops up from the netherworld later.

I think you've misread my OP. I didn't call 2 cold pf. I c/r'd the flop, not the turn. I couldn't rely on being able to bet/3-bet the flop esp. if I'd capped it pf and I'd decided to take a line that would give me a decent chance at getting 3 opponents for 2-bets rather than 1 for 3 on a flop I liked.

That turn card was gross and I was in trouble under a lot of different scenarios. However, I'm happy to report that it all worked out in the end.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 PM

I am old school- I meant to say the flop. That board is still a bit scary, I would still try to take the bet/3bet line to narrow the field on the flop.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can hear the CAP IT! chorus drawing it's breath and most times I would but if I do I might just as well turn my cards over. I'm also fairly confident that UTG+2 will bet any flop giving me options.

[/ QUOTE ]

CAP IT! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Knowing that UTG+2 will bet any flop really only allows you to check-raise everyone when you get a good flop, but in a pot that's already big I don't think you want to check-raise the field unless you flop a set. If it was BB who 3-bet you, then I think you have more of an argument for just calling (but I still wouldn't do it - you need a really good reason to leave a nearly guaranteed 3 SBs on the table).
Old 09-18-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am old school- I meant to say the flop. That board is still a bit scary, I would still try to take the bet/3bet line to narrow the field on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point and I don't necessarily disagree but it seemed like a decent flop to gamble with.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:47 PM

True. How did the rest of the hand turn out?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
True. How did the rest of the hand turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Small [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river. BB checked so she hadn't turned the nut flush. The problem was UTG+2. Did he have the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (or any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for that matter, lets say JJ w/ the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). Neither player would pay-off a bet from me with a worse hand but UTG+2 might try a bluff or even a bluff raise (very unlikely because he knows I'd called the turn for a good reason) so I checked planning on calling a bet but it got checked thru and I won.

btw: BB had turned a str8 so I needed the flush which is what I thought I'd need. She's too cautious to have even bet-out w/ 2 pair.