Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal

[ QUOTE ]
ok you make a valid point. Is it your belief that the FBI under J Edgar Hoover was only infiltrating groups that posed a legit safety threat? It is well known that they had infiltrated avowedly non-violent black rights groups in the south and had an extensive spying operation on Martin Luther King

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that an issue? Of course the FBI infiltrated groups that were not a danger to America, they still are investigating people I don't believe to be a threat to America, namely Cindy Sheehan. I can't stand her POV, but she's no threat to America.

The Panthers, on the other hand, had a history of violence, drugs, and were stockpiling weapons, and not just "12 gauge Shotguns and .38 Revolvers" as they would like you to believe. Also, the FBI becomes very concerned whenever a group designate themselves the new "Police" for a community.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wondering if you all know the story of Americas #1 political prisoner Mumia Abu-Jamal. Just read quite alot about his case and i now feel disgusted by the actions of my country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever read about the West Memphis Three?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM

I used to walk by the place where he murdered a police officer every day.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 AM

"I'm going to make sure the [impolite term for negro] fries"
- Judge presiding over the case, over heard by court stenographer.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok you make a valid point. Is it your belief that the FBI under J Edgar Hoover was only infiltrating groups that posed a legit safety threat? It is well known that they had infiltrated avowedly non-violent black rights groups in the south and had an extensive spying operation on Martin Luther King

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever actually read COINTELPRO? The thing people that trumpet this as clear evidence of governmental racism don't ever mention is that J Edgar Hoover's FBI was targeting the KKK and neo-Nazi groups as well. The Blackpanthers were a much more influential group and percieved as a bigger threat.

EDIT:
The focus was to find out and bring down communistic threats we faced from within our country if I remember correctly, it's been a while since I read about it.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Free a murderer because you think he has some political message?

No tx. Not sure he should be executed but deffo should get to enjoy the rest of his days imprisoned.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:04 PM

LOL at RATM and ZdlRs politics. Awesome band, esp. the Battle of LA, but way around the bend. Then again, some people think Rubin Carter was innocent because Dylan wrote a song about him, and that got the convictions set aside.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:37 PM

In addition to the predictable Wikipedia entry, Rotten.com has a surprisingly good article on Mumia as well.

Actually, the entire Rotten.com library makes for some really cool reading. (Note that while most of rotten.com is very very NSFW, the sections I've linked to are pretty tame.)

If anyone cares, he totally did it and he totally deserves a new trial.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, when I was a liberal I did all the research I could, WISHING I would discover that some huge injustice had been commited and I would have yet another grievance against my country.

Even with this biased mindset, I found it was clear that there is nothing about the case the indisputably puts him in the clear. Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I spent a whole day once doing the same thing with Leonard Peltier. There's just nothing there with either of these guys; complete campus legends, nothing more.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wondering if you all know the story of Americas #1 political prisoner Mumia Abu-Jamal. Just read quite alot about his case and i now feel disgusted by the actions of my country.

[/ QUOTE ]

He shot and killed a cop during performing a traffic stop.

Why does it disgust you that he is in prison for life?