Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Mumia Abu-Jamal

Wondering if you all know the story of Americas #1 political prisoner Mumia Abu-Jamal. Just read quite alot about his case and i now feel disgusted by the actions of my country.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Mumia Abu-Jamal

What an insightful and helpful OP. You rule at the internet..........
Old 09-15-2007, 10:19 PM

Honestly, when I was a liberal I did all the research I could, WISHING I would discover that some huge injustice had been commited and I would have yet another grievance against my country.

Even with this biased mindset, I found it was clear that there is nothing about the case the indisputably puts him in the clear. Not even close.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:21 PM

im so sorry edge i will never post again, so sorry again, im such an idiot
Old 09-15-2007, 10:22 PM

t50 what about another man confessing to the crime as a mob ordered hit on a straight and narrow cop
Old 09-15-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im so sorry edge i will never post again, so sorry again, im such an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I type out a response to this bs, I need some clarification. Do you actually know the first thing about Mumia Abu-Jamal, or are you just returning from a Rage Against The Machine show?

Let me guess... Free Leonard Peltier, killing Pookie was America's Greatest injustice since slavery, Che Guevara is an idol, etc....

If you do in fact, have enough comprehension of this story to have a debate, we'll talk. But I'm not getting into it with a clueless RATM fan again.

You say you've "Read alot about it" was this reading research on your own, or pamphlets you picked up at the RATM show?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wondering if you all know the story of Americas #1 political prisoner Mumia Abu-Jamal. Just read quite alot about his case and i now feel disgusted by the actions of my country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have we put this thug to death yet? I am also disgusted by the lack of action in his case. Put this clown out of his misery.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 PM

not a RATM fan, i was originally turned on to the story by a freind, ya ive seen the pamphlets but also researched online, library, etc, i do realize material put out by left wing groups could easily be slanted, but if you look at the fbi's behavior in regard to the black panthers during the time period, a frame up certinly seems likely
Old 09-15-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a RATM fan, i was originally turned on to the story by a freind, ya ive seen the pamphlets but also researched online, library, etc, i do realize material put out by left wing groups could easily be slanted, but if you look at the fbi's behavior in regard to the black panthers during the time period, a frame up certinly seems likely

[/ QUOTE ]

"The FBI's behavior" wasn't unusual in the least. They knew these facts at the time:

The Panthers are militant
The Panthers are stockpiling guns
The Panthers are roving the streets
The Panthers are conflicting with local police

Using those facts, they began an investigation. I really hate to burst your bubble, but I've got the facts to back this statement up. The Panthers were a street gang, nothing more. The Panthers are no different than the Bloods or the Crips.

The fact that they've played race as an issue should not distract you.

The Panthers at that time were stockpiling arms, and involved in the drug trade. They are also involved in several murders. See Betty Van Patter for details.

The FBI did what the FBI does. They investigated, then began to attempt to infiltrate, what they considered to be a threat to American safety.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:42 PM

ok you make a valid point. Is it your belief that the FBI under J Edgar Hoover was only infiltrating groups that posed a legit safety threat? It is well known that they had infiltrated avowedly non-violent black rights groups in the south and had an extensive spying operation on Martin Luther King