Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: TR: I went to a gun range! Now I feel MACHO!!! (pics)

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want a rush go out to the wilderness and HUNT each other. This will really get you blood flowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I still have a bb in my arm because of that.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Howard,

No massage parlor trip? What kind of uncle are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was last week. I didn't think anybody would be interested even though it's post worthy. Plus they won't let me take any pics........

btw: I'm posting from a brand new 24" iMac (brag!) and 'they' messed up iPhoto somehow and I had to call support to find out how to get the pics into photobucket. It's a pain but at least I can do it now. I hope they fix whatever it is that they 'fixed'.

btw some more: I offered to take him to the strip club but he's the bookworm type and didn't want to go. Good thing too because I'm a sick [censored] in the strip club and don't want witnesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick advice, use Image Capture instead of iPhoto. It's already on your Mac and a ton better. Good TR btw.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:21 PM

yeah i was raised quaker and have never had any desire to own a gun, but i went to a shooting range last time i was in NC and had a blast. i'm not buying a gun any time soon, but i still feel like it's good to know how one works.

also, LOL at a training video. when i went they didn't even ask for ID, just had us write our names and addresses on a legal pad and told us no rapid firing.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 PM

rifle shooting is definitely fun also. i'm not sure what type of facilities they have at these places but try out shooting prone/kneeling/standing if you can.

shooting a fully auto gun is also fun. I've fired a fully auto ar-15 before but it was under somewhat special circumstances, i dunno if they have them at rent-a-gun type places or not. If they did it would definitely be worth trying out.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Howard,

No massage parlor trip? What kind of uncle are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was last week. I didn't think anybody would be interested even though it's post worthy. Plus they won't let me take any pics........

btw: I'm posting from a brand new 24" iMac (brag!) and 'they' messed up iPhoto somehow and I had to call support to find out how to get the pics into photobucket. It's a pain but at least I can do it now. I hope they fix whatever it is that they 'fixed'.

btw some more: I offered to take him to the strip club but he's the bookworm type and didn't want to go. Good thing too because I'm a sick [censored] in the strip club and don't want witnesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick advice, use Image Capture instead of iPhoto. It's already on your Mac and a ton better. Good TR btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look into that, thanks for the tip. I did call support and as I was able to post the pics you can tell that they had a solution. The tech guy said something about Apple having changed a doo-hicky in iPhoto that screwed it up w/ things like photobucket but if I export the photos to the desktop it would work and it did. An extra step, though, so I'll see what your suggestion yields.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rifle shooting is definitely fun also. i'm not sure what type of facilities they have at these places but try out shooting prone/kneeling/standing if you can.

shooting a fully auto gun is also fun. I've fired a fully auto ar-15 before but it was under somewhat special circumstances, i dunno if they have them at rent-a-gun type places or not. If they did it would definitely be worth trying out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never rented a fully auto but I have read about a place near LV where you can do that.

This is the first thing that came up when I Googled it :

http://www.yelp.com/biz/CK0s-DTLUb7oYKFsunp2bA
Old 09-13-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never rented a fully auto but I have read about a place near LV where you can do that.

This is the first thing that came up when I Googled it :

http://www.yelp.com/biz/CK0s-DTLUb7oYKFsunp2bA

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mention it in my post because I hadn't realized there was much interest in it but the place I went to had about 15 or so fully automatic machine guns available (different types, too) that they tried to talk us into renting. I don't know how much they charge for them but while we were there someone apparently had one because we could hear it. I wouldn't want to pay for the bullets he went thru though.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 AM

^^ It'll make you feel good though.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't mention it in my post because I hadn't realized there was much interest in it but the place I went to had about 15 or so fully automatic machine guns available (different types, too) that they tried to talk us into renting. I don't know how much they charge for them but while we were there someone apparently had one because we could hear it. I wouldn't want to pay for the bullets he went thru though.

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know, maybe i'll go get a bunch of ammo and shoot sometime, there's gotta be a place like this in VA also we give guns out like candy.

I only got to shoot i think ~21 bullets. so it was like burst 3, burst 5, burst 5, burst 8, done. would've been nice to reload a few times.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think shooting rifes is even more fun than pistols. Accuracy is much easier. And accuracy is the biggest part of the fun, for me. It really is a sport.

Also agreed with Ray that a .22 is the way to go for a while. Learn how to shoot well, for cheap, in an easy small caliber, before wasting a ton of money on bigger bullets. Then just try moving your accuracy up to bigger calibers later, if you're even interested anymore. Small-bore shooting is actually fun enough on its own that you may have no desire to leave .22 caliber.