Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: The Isiah Thomas civil trial

[ QUOTE ]

The plaintiff in this case is a neighbor of one of my best friends. His take when it all started is that there's no way she's making this stuff up; and of course this testimony is under oath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me understand this part. A guy you know who lives near the plaintiff says her testimony is truthful. Is this silliest assertion ever. How well does anyone know their neighbors? How well do you know your friends judgement? Many people who live next to a murderer say, "wow, he was such a nice guy, I can't believe he did it". We all have relationships with people that we would classify as "nice people" who are screaming psychopaths underneath their layer of civility.

And it's interesting you didn't quote the reason she was fired.

[ QUOTE ]

Madison Square Garden, which owns the team, insists Browne Sanders' dismissal followed a series of marketing and budgeting failures and came after MSG Chairman James Dolan discovered she had tried to subvert an internal investigation of her harassment claims.

Dolan, also a defendant in the case, decided Browne Sanders "could not be counted on to do her job after that," MSG lawyer Ronald Green said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Dolans are morans, so I can't argue to give that much weight to their testimony. But in fairness they have the same amount of incentive to lie as she does.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 AM

I listened to Boomer and Carton on WFAN 660 am NY radio this morning on the way in to work.

She feels that MSG fired her unjustly because she complained about sexual harrasment from Isiah Thomas. Basically unjustified firing.

She received excellent work reviews from manangement in the 2+ years prior to her termination.

She will win this one going away.

If anyone had any doubt what a creepy scumbag Isiah Thomas acted like before, they will know now.

According to her testimony he basically said (fff-censored) the white man, and created a hostile work environment.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I despise this woman for being a money grubbing attention whore. People who are skilled at their jobs don't sue over minor crap like this. People who luckboxed their way into a a job they were failing at, do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is total [censored]. Utter [censored].
Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 PM

Man people who can't take a little "bitch" here and there need to relax a little.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man people who can't take a little "bitch" here and there need to relax a little.

[/ QUOTE ]
All she probably needed was a good deep dicking. That's all most women need.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me understand this part. A guy you know who lives near the plaintiff says her testimony is truthful. Is this silliest assertion ever. How well does anyone know their neighbors? How well do you know your friends judgement? Many people who live next to a murderer say, "wow, he was such a nice guy, I can't believe he did it". We all have relationships with people that we would classify as "nice people" who are screaming psychopaths underneath their layer of civility.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your axe to grind against me?

I posted that thing about the friend to say, FOR WHATEVER VALUE THE READER WANTS TO GIVE IT, that I know someone who knows the woman and would vouch for her. That's it. If you choose to give that any value, great. If not, great. I don't really give a [censored].

I don't know the woman. I don't care about the woman. But I am tremendously bothered when people -- young men, who have not experienced and likely will never experience sexual harrassment -- belittle her claim and jump to the Garden's defense, without knowing anything about the case other than what they read in one Yahoo article summarizing the first day of her testimony.

This attitude that a woman who sues for being sexually harrassed, or who makes a claim that involves anything short of a rape, is automatically a money-grubbing whore is disgusting.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 PM

If someone in a basketball game says "bitch I'm here to win basketball games", then I say right on. Because that's the damn truth.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She made $300,000 a year. If she worked for 20 years for the Garden, that's $6 million, without considering raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes she can't get any job in the future, i.e. Isiah didn't rob her of the ability to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess as to how likely someone that sued someone for sexual harassment - no matter how well deserved - in a basketball environment is to find a job in sports again.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Call be crazy, but I don't think anyone should have to put up with being called bitch at his or her job. The attitude that she should shut up and take it is ridiculous.

This is not to say that $10m is fair, but that's the game (highly litigious society and all that).
Old 09-12-2007, 02:08 PM

for 300k a year, you can take a little "bitch" here and there. Sports isn't for the faint of heart imho.