Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 09:46 PM

Default The Isiah Thomas civil trial

[ QUOTE ]
NEW YORK (AP) -- The former New York Knicks executive who filed a $10 million sexual harassment lawsuit against coach Isiah Thomas testified Tuesday that the NBA legend repeatedly called her derogatory names in private conversations before abruptly switching gears and professing his love.

Anucha Browne Sanders told a jury of five women and three men that Thomas, the Knicks' head coach and president of basketball operations, would blow up any time she tried to recruit him or his players for marketing campaigns.

"Bitch, I'm here to win basketball games," Browne Sanders quoted Thomas as saying in the workplace.

In another discussion about season ticket holders, she claimed Thomas said, "Bitch, I don't give a (expletive) about these white people."

Outside court, an attorney for Thomas, Sue Ellen Eisenberg, called the allegations "unfounded and outrageous."

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

The plaintiff in this case is a neighbor of one of my best friends. His take when it all started is that there's no way she's making this stuff up; and of course this testimony is under oath.

I didn't think I could hate this guy more. But maybe I can.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: The Isiah Thomas civil trial

There would have been no better face for the Pistons than Isiah. Them washing thier hands of him when his playing days were over says alot about him.(or they just knew he was incompetent).
Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Bitch, I'm here to win basketball games," Browne Sanders quoted Thomas as saying in the workplace.

In another discussion about season ticket holders, she claimed Thomas said, "Bitch, I don't give a (expletive) about these white people."

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is all that happened this is retarded.

It's like "Here's 10 million because you have a vagina."
Old 09-11-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if that's all there is to the story, that's pretty tame. He called me bitch twice, I can't go on with my life, give me money! Yeah, it's inappropriate, but it deserves an apology and a reprimand, not anywhere close to ten million bucks.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:10 AM

This assclown is like the Barry Bonds of basketball. Incredible accomplishments on the field of play, suspect behavior off the field.

Thomas wrecked the 50+ year old CBA when he was supposed to be "saving" it, he ran amok with the Pacers and I'm sure Larry Legend was delighted to shitcan his old nemesis, and now he's trainwrecking the Knicks.

None of this would bother me that much if he wasn't widely considered the biggest two-faced, self-serving prick ever to grace the hardwood. Good riddance. Character matters. I hope he takes a bath on this.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's being sued for 10 million dollars b/c he allegedly harrassed her sexually.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:17 AM

can i hate both parties involved in this? i mean, $10m? ok then.........
Old 09-12-2007, 01:18 AM

And some people would say those quotes above are sexual harassing.

What's your point?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:50 AM

You guys that are laughing about $10 million really should think a little more about it before you post some mocking comment.

While the amount often alleged as damages in a complaint usually bears little relation to the damages that ultimately will be awarded, in this case, $10 million is not crazy. She is not suing for $10 million because she was so hurt by Isiah's words that she needs $10 million in tissues to mop up all of the tears.

Just as an example, off the top of my head -- She alleges that she was fired because she complained, which is "illegal" for lack of a better word. She made $300,000 a year. If she worked for 20 years for the Garden, that's $6 million, without considering raises. She alleges that the Garden fired her for complaining. If true, she could easily recover punitive damages. The Garden is a pretty big business, so in order to make sure they are properly punished, and as a detriment to this happening again, a punitive award could be well into the millions. Poof there's $10 million, and that's not even considering any damage award she could recover against Isiah directly, who might have plenty of money but then again if he treats his bank account like the CBA he's living on food stamps.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She made $300,000 a year. If she worked for 20 years for the Garden, that's $6 million, without considering raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes she can't get any job in the future, i.e. Isiah didn't rob her of the ability to work. Also the interest on $6M is $300k per year, not just for 20 years, essentially for ever. You aren't discounting the future value of the cash either, i.e. raises aren't guaranteed, but the value of a dollar ten years from now is much less than it is today in a court settlement. Essentially she is saying, my feelings were hurt so the Garden should support me in my current lifestyle forever so I don't have to work.

I despise both parties. I despise Isiah for being Isiah. I despise this woman for being a money grubbing attention whore. People who are skilled at their jobs don't sue over minor crap like this. People who luckboxed their way into a a job they were failing at, do.