Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 05:22 AM

Default The Worst Hand I Ever Played

I was watching on Pokertube a segment that was aired a few years ago on ESPN in between the WSOP called "The Best Hand I Ever Played".

It has the famous Scotty Nguyen hand, Freddy Deeb vs. Phil Ivey hand from 03' Main Event , and Annie Duke being her typical douchebag self.

Anyone can make great laydowns or check call with the nuts against aggressive players who don't fold. How about the times they completely miss their reads? They don't show those on this segment.

BBV, I want to know the worst hand you have ever played. It can be live or online. Make sure to include narrations about what was going through your head when you were playing the hand.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: The Worst Hand I Ever Played

200nl cash game live. Raise to 9 w/1010 in mp and button calls.
Flop 1092
i check he checks (he can't even smell the tarp)..
turn 2..
i check he bets 2$ i hollywood call (damn he has nothing i hope he bluffs at me on the river)..
river 2
I check he bets 5$ (lol he has nothing i tarp so good, i could raise but he's obv bluffing and can't call a raise so i'll just smooth call, rake control ftw) i call 5 and he shows 99 for the second nut full house. I turn over my nut full and quietly leave.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop 1092
turn 2..
i check he bets 2$ i hollywood call (damn he has nothing i hope he bluffs at me on the river)..
river 2
I check he bets 5$ (lol he has nothing i tarp so good, i could raise but he's obv bluffing and can't call a raise so i'll just smooth call, rake control ftw) i call 5 and he shows 99 for the second nut full house. I turn over my nut full and quietly leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
this better be a level
Old 08-26-2007, 05:34 AM

Alright heres one of mine.

Live 1/2 NL. I am playing on 0 hours of sleep over the past two days. I have A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I have 230 behind, villain has 120.

PF: I open to 10 from MP . Villain calls. Other player calls.

Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet 15, Villain calls, other player folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check. Villain shoves and I snap call. Villain flips over K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the nut flush. I turn my cards over and announce "Two pair"

Dealer: You're drawing dead sir

I looked back down at my cards, and realized I had Ace 6. I insta-rack up and leave before the river card is dealt.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop 1092
turn 2..
river 2

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao excellent first hand
Old 08-26-2007, 06:46 AM

Playing £10/£20 online at 5am, stuck £2000 and now having filled up my credit card for another buy-in, I pick up KK.

I'm sitting on £2800.

I flat call a short-stack's mini-raise to £40 and two of us see the flop. It comes 567. He bets £80; I make a ridiculous overbet to £900, telling him to go all-in or fold. He folds.

The player behind him calls. [censored], there's a player behind him. And he's sitting on £11,000. [censored] [censored] [censored]. I hadn't noticed.

The turn brings another 5. What do I do what do I do what do I do???

I check. Big stack bets £900 into the £2000 pot. I have £1860 behind. OMG he has a full house, trips or a set. I think I had better fold!! So I fold.

What did you have? I ask him in chat. "A7" he tells me. If I had check-raised there's a good chance he would have called, and I'd have won a £5720 pot. Even if he'd folded it would have been a £3800 pot.

Having thrown away £900 with perhaps the worst played KK in the history of poker, I lost the rest of my money in the next half hour anyway, leaving me unemployed and homeless (as I had been at the start of the night) and now completely broke and in debt.

I never played hold'em again.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop 1092
turn 2..
river 2

[/ QUOTE ]
this better be a level

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 08-26-2007, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing £10/£20 online at 5am, stuck £2000 and now having filled up my credit card for another buy-in, I pick up KK.

I'm sitting on £2800.

I flat call a short-stack's mini-raise to £40 and two of us see the flop. It comes 567. He bets £80; I make a ridiculous overbet to £900, telling him to go all-in or fold. He folds.

The player behind him calls. [censored], there's a player behind him. And he's sitting on £11,000. [censored] [censored] [censored]. I hadn't noticed.

The turn brings another 5. What do I do what do I do what do I do???

I check. Big stack bets £900 into the £2000 pot. I have £1860 behind. OMG he has a full house, trips or a set. I think I had better fold!! So I fold.

What did you have? I ask him in chat. "A7" he tells me. If I had check-raised there's a good chance he would have called, and I'd have won a £5720 pot. Even if he'd folded it would have been a £3800 pot.

Having thrown away £900 with perhaps the worst played KK in the history of poker, I lost the rest of my money in the next half hour anyway, leaving me unemployed and homeless (as I had been at the start of the night) and now completely broke and in debt.

I never played hold'em again.

[/ QUOTE ]

so sick bro
Old 08-26-2007, 06:56 AM

It was when I made a new card mode for Party and decided to try it out. It wasn't very good and I had a hard time recognizing cards.

So I am playing 100nl 6max and the hand went something like this.

Hero (UTG): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero raises to $4, fold, fold, CO raises to $12 fold, fold, Hero calls.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets $18, CO raises to $40, Hero raises AI, CO Calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

CO shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

So I floped a set, got it AI and rivered quads. CO then began to type in chat how stupid I was blah blah. I started defending myself saying that I floped a set and played the hand well. I even said something like: "Oh did I play that bad, can you coach me?" I checked HH to see how I could play it wrong and noticed that my hole cards were: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The J in upper left corner looked like a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 07:02 AM

On at least 3 occasions I have lost a full stack playing 200NL live, due to misreading my hand. I have yet to do that online!

I guess misreading your hole cards is more common than I realized