Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Buying a car to have fun in

'69 GTO...here comes the Judge...

Old 08-24-2007, 12:19 PM

I think people are confusing "having fun" with "having a butt load of problems and being scared to drive the car because if anythin ghappens it's going to be hard to find replacement parts for my old as hell unusual car."
Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people are confusing "having fun" with "having a butt load of problems and being scared to drive the car because if anythin ghappens it's going to be hard to find replacement parts for my old as hell unusual car."

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha..you dont know anything about cars do you? 99% of the cars in this thread have a HUUUGE aftermarket businesses associated with them, and the parts are probably a fraction of the price of what you would have to pay a dealer for a new car part.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:29 PM

buy a used station wagon for $1k, then spend the rest on hookers you have fun with in the back.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha..you dont know anything about cars do you? 99% of the cars in this thread have a HUUUGE aftermarket businesses associated with them, and the parts are probably a fraction of the price of what you would have to pay a dealer for a new car part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know more about cars then Rickastleyfan knows about [censored] up the internet.

I think there are plenty of "beautiful" cars mentioned here, but not hte kind you hop in and go rip up the streets/track in, save the elise
Old 08-24-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and much simpler to work on if you are partially mechanically inclined. my buddy has been to mechanic school, and works on all kinds of old vehicles, but when it comes to new cars, you NEED certain high tech stuff to work on them.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 PM

That's great, but Gordo seemed to just want to hop in a car and hit the road, not work on, restore, etc.

Unless I'm missing something this thread has turned into something that isn't really related to what gordo was looking at.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know more about cars then Rickastleyfan knows about [censored] up the internet.

I think there are plenty of "beautiful" cars mentioned here, but not hte kind you hop in and go rip up the streets/track in, save the elise

[/ QUOTE ]

what does that have to do with parts though?

and yes, I agree, some of the cars (save the cobra) that we are talking about arent the best handling things out there, but the old vettes, mustangs etc handle pretty well. Some of the bigger cars mentinoed dont though. Any of the cars, if the OP finds a cheaper one, and sinks some money to make the difference will rip most tracks apart, thats what they are best at.

and srsly, can one fo the mods fix that pic?