Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Default $30-$60

This was a charity event held at a really rich church that I stumbled upon late in the night while intoxicated. I was the least intoxicated person there. No one seemed to know the rules. Literally. So basically assume no body has any idea wtf is going on or any sort of desire to keep their money. Moreover, the dealer didn't even shuffle the cards- the winner of the previous hand got to shuffle the cards, and then the dealer decided that I was the designated card cutter for the table. Sort of insane.

Usually 7 people to the flop and some random random agression post flop. Anyway, 2 people ended going 4 bets on this turn K1074. One dude had A5 in this hand.

The hand in Question:

6 calls to me in the BB. I check K5.

Flop KK5. Nice

I check. Checked Around. I sigh.

Turn Q (puts up flush draw).

I check. (if at 1st you don't succeed). Dude bets in EP. 1 caller. I c/r. Dude tries to put me all in (seriously). There was then some debate about whether he was allowed to put me all in. I remained silent. It was decided that no, he was not allowed to so he just raised. Other dude folded. I tried to raise but I was then told it was a 3 bet cap.

River 2. I check . . .

Meh? What is a better value maxmizing line? I like my flop check because despite there generally reardedness, I don't see much calling the flop bet.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: $30-$60

Bet the flop. In a game like this I can see people calling just about anything in this spot.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 PM

I've never been religiously inclined, but if you would please tell me the denomination involved, I'd seriously consider it. I'd like a rich church populated by inebriates who don't know the rules of poker yet want to play. And I'm Jewish.

I would have put as much money in on every street on every round as God would allow. Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not check a full house in a game where dude puts in four bets with A-5 on a KT74 board.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Catholic. To tell you the truth the game wasn;t exactly $30-$60. It was some sort of odd mix where you could only double the blind pre-flop but then bet up to $60 post-flop or whatever, but it essentially played like $30-$60.

Yea, I messed up the flop, I guess. But it would have resulted the same way. What about the turn/river as played?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never been religiously inclined, but if you would please tell me the denomination involved, I'd seriously consider it. I'd like a rich church populated by inebriates who don't know the rules of poker yet want to play. And I'm Jewish.

I would have put as much money in on every street on every round as God would allow. Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not check a full house in a game where dude puts in four bets with A-5 on a KT74 board.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I would have said, had I gotten to this before Andy (although I would have added that I'm Jewish AND an atheist, and would still consider joining this church).
Old 08-13-2007, 02:21 PM

you REALLY should bet this flop

as played, sure you could check once more, but I'd leave the fps if I were you and just focus on firing bets into the pot
Old 08-13-2007, 02:38 PM

bet/3-bet the river, he has a K of some sort
Old 08-13-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Usually 7 people to the flop and some random random agression post flop. Anyway, 2 people ended going 4 bets on this turn K1074. One dude had A5 in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to raise but I was then told it was a 3 bet cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

WEIRD!

Honestly, I bet the flop, and the turn. People who have no idea how to play will think to themselves "hmmmm. is he bluffing?" and then they will call you with Q hi when they decide you might be bluffing, even though they can't beat ace high. This game is the stuff that backdoor 2 pair draws are made of. Also, bet turn.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

bet/3-bet the river, he has a K of some sort

[/ QUOTE ]

besides going for the 3 bet being the best line. checkraising the river after wanted to reraise on the turn might make your opponent feel like you are hustling him. You srsly want to set up a home game with these people, not make them feel stupid.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Yea, the other hand clearly went 4 bets and the dealer capped this one at 3. I wasn't about to argue.