Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB (Choose 2)
Portis (@Houston) 17 48.57%
Kevin Jones (GB) 8 22.86%
Fred Taylor (@Ind) 9 25.71%
R. Droughns (Balt) 0 0%
D. McAllister (Atl) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: P5\'s top donk-n-go player is going pro

To be honest, I don't think raising the A8s preflop is as horrible as some people are making it out to be and I actually used to play donk-n-goes. It might not be optimal, but I don't think you can really say oh, if she raises A8s in that situation, she clearly sucks. Fwiw, I do think a smaller raise would be vastly superior if you raise. And I think limping or folding would be better than raising at all. But whatever.

This doesn't at all take away from the fact that I think she's not a great SNG player based on other posts she has made on here and P5s. Her turn and river bets in that hand are especially ludicrous and some of her thinking and reasoning seems really flawed in general.

At any rate, based on her results and everything I've read, my unbiased guess would be that she can probably beat up through $16s pretty decently, would be a slight winner at the $27s, and most likely would lose money if she were to play $60s consistently. I could be right, I could be way off. And really, there's nothing wrong with that if it's in fact the case. If she can make enough money playing low stakes SNGs to go pro, then more power to her.

Fwiw, I'd welcome her to post in STTF because I think whether right or wrong, she would at least make an earnest effort at contributing to strategy discussion. At the very least she generally seems polite and well spoken so if she wanted to post in STTF, I'd welcome her to. It's not like 100% of what gets posted there is correct anyway... maybe she could learn some things, maybe she could teach some people things... that's what the forums are for.

Also, on a sort of unrelated note, I'm constantly amazed at the level of insecurity a lot of people show. "My internet forum is better than your internet forum", "OMG a low stakes SNG player is going pro and she might not be very good"... I mean really, wtf? Why do we need a 350 post thread about that? Is the fact that someone from pocketfives who may or may not be good at poker went pro really worth getting so worked up about? I mean whatever, maybe I just don't get it, but that's my 2 cents.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:09 PM

NO STRATEGY IN BBV
Old 08-09-2007, 11:06 PM

[x] thread no longer delivers
Old 11-10-2007, 09:56 PM

lol