Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Shoeprint #1: Six Flags (SIX)

[ QUOTE ]
GME closed today at a 52 week high of $49.43 per share. How high do we wait before we sell? SIX was endorsed by Joe Theisman this evening on Mad Money and now you tell us to sell it? I am sooooo confused!! Should I believe you or a winning Superbowl quarterback?????

TTWO, I like them as well and picked some up at around $12.75 and sold it all today. Isn't their bread and butter video game realese being delayed till after the XMAS season? Plus they are having some SEC investigation right now (A Wells call two weeks ago). Might it not be better to wait for a slight pullback and then pull the trigger?

Jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect GME to continue to perform well through atleast through the holiday season. I bought them at $39 and plan to hold until around Q1 next year barring any unforeseen circumstances. This holiday shopping season should be absolutey huge for video games with all 3 next generation systems out there and the PS3 finally starting to show some life.

As for TTWO, Yes, the next GTA game got pushed back to next year, but they are still going to make just as much of money off of it no matter when it is released. That's probably worth a small hit to their stock price but the 10% hit it took because of that went way overboard, IMO. Also, they are turning things around and appear to be getting away from being a one hit wonder with GTA. Bioshock is coming out soon and all signs point to this game being a huge success (could possibly even outsell the next GTA, check the video game forum here and reviews at sites like IGN to see just how excited the video game community is for this game). Also, Manhunt 2 just got approved for release with an M for mature rating (which they failed to get initially) and that game is going to be released on halloween. While the stock has struggle, everything appears set for a turnaround, they could have 3 big successes within the next year with Bioshock, manhunt2, and GTA. Also, they own the civilization series now, the latest expansion, beyond the sword, has been selling really well too.

As for NTDOY, Games like Madden on the 360 absoultely blow away the wii version. It will be interesting to see how much lasting power the wii has, and how long casual gamers will continue to flock to it. I am watching the sales reports, as well as which games are selling the most, and the wii and DS continue to dominate the sales charts, not only with consoles sold, but for many game titles as well. Until that starts to change, I will be holding NTDOY.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Shoeprint #1: Six Flags (SIX)

I'm glad I was able to bring the stock to your attention and you were able to make some $$$ of it. Of course, I don't expect anyone on here to buy solely off of my posts. It's my intention just to present what I consider to be good opportunities for people to evaluate themselves.

I don't expect anyone to agree with everything I have to say, but I must say, I amazed by the amount of haters I have. Just about every idea I present just gets met with more and more hate, yet each idea in hindsight would have vastly outperformed the market.

Obviously, if I didn't change my birthday everyday I would be wildly accpeted here though, as that appears to be the #1 factor in deciding a poster's credibility on these boards.