Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Very light

preflop and flop and standard. The turn is usually gonna be a bet here because he's usually going to bet if you check, and you're definitely calling is he bets, so it's better to just bet yourself since at least that gives you some chance of winning UI.

River is a good spot to check-fold. It's hard to imagine you're ahead here to anything that bets this river. The flush draw got there. It looks like he was calling you down with a small pair. An ace often checks behind. IMO betfolding is better then checkcalling, because at least you might get value from a worse ace or possibly even fold out a better hand (weird to bet for 2 reasons eh?)
Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are those whom I would bet the river against. They are the type who will take their pocket pair to the river in the hopes of catching a set. When you bet again on the river they are now convinced you are not bluffing and fold when they don't hit their set.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't it hard to get that exact of a read on someone? Can you explain how you do that? Like do you ask them after they fold the river? Or is it just through playing a hell of a lot with the person?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:34 AM

I can't put him on a hand that's worse than yours and will bet the river. Check-fold it if it looks like he's calling you down. On the other hand, if you think you can push him off AQ with a heart or a small PP that was thinking "well, I can beat a heart draw" on the flop and turn, then you might take one more stab at it.

I think:

check/fold > bet/fold >>>> check/call.

By the way -- how is it we haven't met yet? Who the hell are you? Are you that one guy at Commerce that actually looks like he's seen the inside of a gym and eaten something other than french fries?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way -- how is it we haven't met yet? Who the hell are you? Are you that one guy at Commerce that actually looks like he's seen the inside of a gym and eaten something other than french fries?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me, silly! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 02:23 PM

I'll be at Commerce late Friday night. I might even wear a silly hat.

Guess I knew check/fold was the play but I always play bad when I have a sweater. Villain had KJo.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 PM

You have him down here as a TAG. The only move you have is check call. He's smart enough to bet with nothing when you check and raise when you bet. Check raising would seem too suspicious to a good player. He has small pocket pair here and nothing about equal, thus you ahve to see it, but betting is too dangerous.