Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Friday the 13th at Foxwoods: I never trusted the Russians (long)

Had my first real live degen session. I usually play 3-5 hour sessions. I played 16 hours (non stop) at Foxwoods for this one. I ended up playing 1 / 2 NL obviously. Went in with 400 dollars.

First table I am sitting at, a bunch of foreign exchange students who were Russian sat down. They started speaking in Russian, but a bunch of people complained to the floor since you can only speak English at the table. The biggest douchebags I have ever played poker with, hands down. The first guy played a huge pot, and actually shows down king high. He told me it is his first time playing live poker. O rly?

Next pot I play with him I have K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in a straddled, 6 way pot. Flop comes QJ5 (no flush draw). Bet of 15, 4 callers. Turn is the money card, a 9. I bet 40, Russian guy calls only. We have about 200 behind us each. River is a ten. I bet 50, expecting him to fold. Instead he just flat calls. He has AK. His friends all start applauding at this, as he turns to me and said “Nice hand”. I don’t know what tilted me more, the flat call or the applauding. Yeah, we’re going to war.

I manage to regain my composure because I know they’re terrible and the monies are being shipped my way. I make a point to get a seat change, so I have position on all of them, as they were playing a lot of pots together. I win a few other small pots in between to make up for the previous hand.

Next hand vs. the other Russian. I have QT off. 6 way limped pot. Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Checked around, I bet 15, he calls, his friend calls, everyone else folds. Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks around again, I bet 40, only one caller. River he has 130 and shoves. Its an 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I insta-call and he flips over Q8 for the rivered full house. GG life. You guessed it, they applaud again. I make a mental note to slow roll the next chance I get.

I have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . 5 to the flop. Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. 12 dollars is the bet. Call call call. Me and the two Russians again. Turn is a 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Russian bets 35. His friend comes along for the ride, as do I. River is a Ten, giving me the nut straight. Bingo, he leads for 50, his idiot friend calls. I insta shove for maybe 120 or whatever small stack I have left at this point. He calls and his friend folds. He shows me his 34 for a turned straight, and I look at him sympathetically. He starts to push his cards in the middle and then I slam my hand down, followed with some self applause, Russian style. I look at him and say “Thank you”, as I rake in the chips.

Next significant hand is a 6 way straddled pot. I am in SB and I think gee, it would be nice to look down at aces here. Instantly, two black aces appear before my very eyes. I raise it up to 22 because everyone’s a huge station. There is a terrible player with 1300 behind him, playing out of two racks at the table. He calls and we are heads up. I am OOP, flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet 35, he calls. Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which I hate. I bet 55, and he flat calls. River the board is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I pretty much only beat a bluff it feels like. I check the river, and he bets out 120 very quick. I think for 1 min and fold AA. He shows me a pair of nines, and I am pretty pissed. Yeah, I played that hand about as poorly as you can.

New table:

So I'm back to even. I then proceed to lose 4 more all in pots, getting rivered. I have QQ, raise to 17 and 3 callers. Flop comes 998 and I have position. Check, check, I bet 35. Both call. Turn is a 6 and they check again. Pretty sure no one has a 9 here, and I shove. Both call. The old man (huge station) announces "I know exactly what you have". O rly?

He flips over A8. Other guy has open ender. There is a 100 dollar side pot, since Gramps is the short stack. River is an 8 of course, and I tell him nice read sir.

I really start to tilt at this point. I start letting the table know. I straddle, and announce if anyone raises I am shoving all in (only have 85 left anyways). Someone raises to 6, 2 callers, I shove. Its folded around to a young asian lag, who tells me that he has 2 overs. Do I want action? He finally folds after making me wait two minutes. I take a moment to look at my cards for the first time, and I see 42 off, so I advertise it and turn my hand over.

I do this two hands later with AK. Raised to 12, and I call with 3 others. I am first to act, and I open shove without even looking at the flop. Nobody calls. Someone shows me they folded a gutshot (wow thanks, big laydown).

Next hand I get KK. Someone raises to 7 dollars, 2 callers, crazy asian raises it to 20. I shove obviously, and they start to think. Initial raiser calls, asian calls. I announce that my hands probably going in the muck. One guy flips over QJ, asian guy has AJ. Somehow my KK holds up. Ship the 300+ pot. Asian man tells me I set up well, "You a professional". Thank you sir.

I eventually get A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB. Raised to 14 pre-flop, 3 callers. Flop comes AKJ, vs. 2 guys who hate folding. I lead for 35. They both call. Turn is a 7 and I shove the rest of it. Asian guy tanks for 3 minutes and starts the interrogation process.

“You want action? You want me to call?”
"I'm all in sir, its up to you"
“I think we have the same hand (I initially think he has KJ or AK, because he wouldn’t think this long with QT). He finally calls 3 minutes later, and river is an Ace. I table my boat. Ship it! Back up to 650 or so.

I win a bunch of other random pots. I leave and am surprised I am actually up +400 or so.

Brag: Slowrolled Russian douche. Won 400 dollars after initially being down -325.
Beat: 160 dollars in rake over 16 hours.
Variance: I could have played another 10 hours probably.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Friday the 13th at Foxwoods: I never trusted the Russians (long)

Idi ti nahui pidar
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Idi ti nahui pidar

[/ QUOTE ]

Soda popinski, is that you?

Old 07-14-2007, 11:06 PM

beaaaat slowroll dude...dunno- it's something i almost never do. sounds wild.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:07 PM

I never slowroll. This is the rare exception.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:12 PM

you seem douchebaggy. this thread is now about douchebag slowrollers.

ps: umri v zhirovom ogne
Old 07-14-2007, 11:16 PM

lol awesome trip report, <3 Foxwoods
Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 PM

haha how do I come off as a douche? I'm honestly a nice guy!

I never succumb to that level unless someone goes out of their way to insult me. This was the first time in my life, I guess its beyond BBV etiquette though haha

Seriously though, have you ever had people applaud every hand that they sucked out on the river? It's damn annoying
Old 07-14-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps: umri v zhirovom ogne

[/ QUOTE ]

translation?

Also, apoligies to anyone who took offense to this story who is Russian. I didn't mean it as a dig at anyone who is Russian, these guys were just ridiculous
Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 PM

you come off as a douche because slowrolling is v douchey, esp when the players are clearly fish - the applause and suckouts suck but that's no reason to nit up the game w/ dick moves

i slowroll shortstacks online, not total live whales asking to be fleeced

(mixed metaphors ftw)
Closed Thread