Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Rigging the election?

So I would really like to see Ron Paul win the Republican nomination. I don't need to explain the pros here. Unfortunately, old people who let the media make up their minds aren't on the right side.

How would I go about getting Iowa Democrats to re-register as Republican and vote for Ron Paul on the assumption that if he and any Democrat is on the presidential ballot the war will be over? This seems doable to me. I am looking for ideas in spreading this message to registered Democrats.

Ron Paul seems to be doing well on the internet polls because they have all the Democrats voting for him.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Rigging the election?

If Ron Paul somehow managed to win I'm sure Borodog would be getting booked on election tampering 20 minutes later.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 AM

If you're serious, your best bet would be to sign up to volunteer for Paul's campaign. You could tell them you wanted to work in Iowa. Hell, his campaign is so bare bones they might put you in charge of his campaign in Iowa.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 AM

I wouldn't call this rigging. There is a very good chance that I will change my affiliation to Republican to vote for Paul.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call this rigging. There is a very good chance that I will change my affiliation to Republican to vote for Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2007, 04:00 PM

Thats what I was thinking. There are a lot of Democrats whose top priority is to end the war. Maybe they care more about ending the war than whether Obama or Clinton take the ballot. If this is the case their best interest is served by getting any Democrat vs. Paul. Then its a can't lose for them.

I am going to change my affiliation from Libertarian to Rep. to vote for Paul.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM

This was done several years ago to unseat Cynthia McKinney down here in Atlanta, in 2002. Her district is like 80% democrats so it was a given the dem nominee would win the seat, so pretty much every single republican in the district turned out to vote for her opponent in the dem primary.

McKinney naturally called schenanigins and filed a barrage of lawsuits... despite the fact this was perfectly legal/smart because GA has open primaries.

Luckily she faded away into history, never to embarass herself and the district ever again... uh.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 PM

Sorry, I just realized that Borodog started the same thread.

Feel free to lock this one. Borodog, you and I should talk. We need to start campaigning this idea to the anti-war dems.

Max
Old 06-06-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're serious, your best bet would be to sign up to volunteer for Paul's campaign. You could tell them you wanted to work in Iowa. Hell, his campaign is so bare bones they might put you in charge of his campaign in Iowa.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL no way it can be that bad. If for the only reason that the canidate can get jail time/fines if there are really shady happenings.