Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Am I supposed to fold here? I hate live poker.

what do you guys think about the turn check? i see a lot of good reasons to check but it also potentially creates tricky situations (althoguh the situation that came up would be hard to imagine, although a decent bet on the turn followed by a large river bet would not be surprising)

i think this is a tough spot and impossible to answer as it is so read dependant. i think there is a good chance that she has a 9 or bigger pair and is looking for a call from an overpair that she dosent think you can get away from. unfortunately since your hand really looks like an overpair i also think that a fair amount of the time, knowing that you dont have a 9, she would be betting the amount she "knows" you cant call with TT or JJ, fearing that you call a smaller bet and perhaps feel committed.

i guess it all boils down to how she percieves you and what she thinks you will do. i would ask myself "what does she think i would do with JJ in this situation". if she thinks you will fold then call and if she thinks you will call then fold...thats easy but figuring out what the heck she thinks...not so easy
Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 AM

Am I the only one that snapcalls here and expects to see some weird QJhh or 78hh type hand? Maybe a smaller pocket pair? This overbet is some major leveling and if she has 22 or 33 or a 9 she's fooled me.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your reads on her are very wrong. If this is the same girl im thinking of, and i think the only girl at foxwoods who plays these stakes, then she is a huge dog in the games....which is saying alot. I really wouldnt be surprised to see her show up with a bigger overpair here. I fold and dont put too much thought into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing but assumed there must be some other female regular OP is referring to. The only woman I see in that game regularly is definitely not tricky.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:41 AM

Well.......I layed it down. She breathed a huge sigh of relief and said, "I thought you had Kings". Then I asked her what she had and she said "k9". If he had me on Kings how does she K9? I wish I had looked her up in retrospect..Oh well.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 AM

maybe it wasnt a sigh of relief and was hoping you had kings? gooood fold
Old 05-21-2007, 11:40 AM

unless im planning on giving up when the board pairs i lead the turn 2/3. if i get called then im in check/fold mode on the turn. anyone else play it like this? i might bet river depending on how drawy the board was and/or whether any of the draws did not get there.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:48 PM

i cant imagine this is a worse hand then ours, itd be too much to risk on a bluff, i fold here without much thought and move on
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM

never ever call in that spot.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:59 PM

She has two overs and clubs or A9. Nothing else makes sense. I'm leaning towards overs with clubs.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your reads on her are very wrong. If this is the same girl im thinking of, and i think the only girl at foxwoods who plays these stakes, then she is a huge dog in the games....which is saying alot. I really wouldnt be surprised to see her show up with a bigger overpair here. I fold and dont put too much thought into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

as much as i like grumypone's advice there is absolutely no way she has qq+. why would she push with a bigger OP when huge scare card turns? this is just giving up far too much value on her part. she either has a nine, overs, with a club draw, or just air. since she is in position, i am more inclined to believe that she has two big clubs, or even hearts. the key to this hand is what is your TI in her eyes HU? if you think that she views you as weak enough to be pushed off of an overpair then it is possible to make this move. bottom line... i call. i know she doesnt have OP, and if she is actually tricky enough to make this bet in position with a nine, then she stacks me.