Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Am I supposed to fold here? I hate live poker.

This hand has really been bothering me. Here are the dynamics. Live 5/10nl at foxwoods. It's a Friday night and they have 3 games going..I sit in the must move game that is being played 6handed. I buy in for the max , 2k, and am playing well and have steadily built my stack up to 3k. So, 4 players get removed from our table and get put into the main games and now its Heads up. I feel that Heads up is probably the strongest aspect of my game. Villain is a female regular that plays 5/10, 10/25 and 25/50 during tournament time. She is very good and tricky. So, we're playing heads up for a few hands and nothing significant has happened until we get to this hand.
Villain raise button to 40, Hero looks down at 10c10s reraises to 160. Villain call. Flop 9c2c3h. Hero bets 250, villain call. Turn 9h, Hero check villain has hero covered and shoves all in($2,590 for hero to call). Hero? What do you guys think of my turn line? Should I lead the turn?Why is she shoving? Help please. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Am I supposed to fold here? I hate live poker.

i can see her taking this line with AA putting you on TT-KK. your hand is pretty transparent as an overpair, and i'm assuming she knows that. i guess she could be trying to use the nine as a scare card but i think that's a little less likely.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:13 PM

you play goot

when you chek is when you knew she had you beat..np here
Old 05-20-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can see her taking this line with AA putting you on TT-KK. your hand is pretty transparent as an overpair, and i'm assuming she knows that. i guess she could be trying to use the nine as a scare card but i think that's a little less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Villain has AA like never here, and it would be a really horrible way to play AA as well.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:53 PM

ugh I hope this isn't what happens to HSmtt.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:55 PM

i probably stack off here, but i'm a station. and it being live HU, i dont think any of us really stand to give you much better advice than the reads you have yourself.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:42 AM

i put her on at worst A9-Q9 and fold, i don't think it's that hard of a fold either given the stacks, unless i'm missing something
Old 05-21-2007, 04:27 AM

So you have to call 2600 more into an 800 pot. Pot odds would dictate a fold, but this is a seriously [censored] weird bet and I would have no clue what to do either, especially against a good player.... thinking more about this, I don't understand why she would be playing a bigger overpair this way, and you're checking on a pretty draw'ish board.. I prolly call? If all else fails, just remind yourself that you have an overpair and it's HU [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Really ugly spot.

Kirk
Old 05-21-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you have to call 2600 more into an 3400 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]Fixed. You never have to be ahead more than 50% of the time to call. Pot odds say you have to win the hand 43% of the time. If you're behind, 4% of the time you'll hit your 2-outer, so you only actually need to be ahead here 39% of the time.

As to whether or not you're ahead... very hard to tell. Probably best to fold it without a stronger read of what she does this with. I doubt very much she's risking that much with air to win a relatively small pot, when you've shown strength and could well have an overpair etc. On the other hand it doesn't exactly look like a call-me bet.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 AM

I think your reads on her are very wrong. If this is the same girl im thinking of, and i think the only girl at foxwoods who plays these stakes, then she is a huge dog in the games....which is saying alot. I really wouldnt be surprised to see her show up with a bigger overpair here. I fold and dont put too much thought into it.