Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: I flop a monster and don\'t get paid

I'm a low limit player I like to lark around here and the high stakes forum for game improvement. Live I play 3/6 and 5/10. Online I'm trying to grind $20 into $600 in 60 days. I'm up to $42+ in about two weeks (less than 40 hours of play). So are these games 3/6 or 5/10 soft? Or just soft because you are advanced?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a low limit player I like to lark around here and the high stakes forum for game improvement. Live I play 3/6 and 5/10. Online I'm trying to grind $20 into $600 in 60 days. I'm up to $42+ in about two weeks (less than 40 hours of play). So is these games 3/6 or 5/10 soft? Or just soft because you are advanced?

[/ QUOTE ]

Live games are typically soft up to 20/40 and are usually soft at the 30 and 40 level. If you are thinking about the game enough to be perusing these forums then they will probably seem soft to you. Also, I wouldnt suggest setting monetary goals in lhe unless they are extreme long term. Short term goals are pointless, bc they have no real meaning aside from how you are running.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I wouldnt suggest setting monetary goals in lhe unless they are extreme long term. Short term goals are pointless, bc they have no real meaning aside from how you are running.

[/ QUOTE ]

The little $20 into $600 thing is part of a little bet I have with 4 friends. We each start with $20 each of us put up $100 on the bet. Winner take all.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone in this hand but me is a typical Commerce 20/40 retard. (50%-80% VPIP, passive). I'm an atypical Commerce retard running incredibly bad.

Commerce 20/40 Saturday night

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, CO limps, button limps, I complete SB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, UTG+ calls, others fold, I call.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 raises, I muck.

Terrible or terribly awesome?

[/ QUOTE ]

that game IS good.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

that game IS incredibly standard at Commerce.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, just to expand a bit on what PJ said, you should be donking kind of a lot of hands out of the blinds. Flopped pairs particularly w/backdoor draws attached, OESD and flush draws, etc. Like PJ's 94, enough players won't believe that you bet out trips on the flop to make plays like this so +ev. Then the really great part is 3-town when you have the trips or a strong draw with multiple players trapped in between for all those bets.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a low limit player I like to lark around here and the high stakes forum for game improvement. Live I play 3/6 and 5/10. Online I'm trying to grind $20 into $600 in 60 days. I'm up to $42+ in about two weeks (less than 40 hours of play). So are these games 3/6 or 5/10 soft? Or just soft because you are advanced?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found 20/40 live easier to beat then 2/4 online. But I'm also getting pretty good at table and seat selection. I tend to tip the floor heavily to get me into the spot I want, and i'm constantly scouting for what that spot is.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Terrible. I think you are going to see a 9 here or a flush draw too many times to justify this fold.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:40 PM

[LOW-CONTENT]

Playing Borgata 20/40 a few weeks back. A new player sits down and folds for an orbit. Then. . .

One mp limp, NP limps on the button, sb completes and I knock the table with 107o.

Flop is 774r, sb checks, I bet, mp folds, button calls, sb folds.

Turn is a 9, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, and he calls

River is a 2, I bet he calls.

He nearly breaks the table when I table my hand and his A9o goes flying across the table. It's incredibly how much action and how little handreading some players have.

cliff's notes: bet or c/r the flop. But you know that now.